Current project....Mini Talon

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I'm looking forward to the maiden. Head tracker in the post!!

One word of advice about the head tracker when you set it up. BEFORE any power ups go into your radio and set the travel on the servos to 50% and the speed to 50%. I power slammed and burnt out 7 brand new servos the first time I messed with head tracking before I figured what was happening. Then you can adjust out to suit your needs.

Piotrsko

Master member
Flytron strobon hmm and only £4 but probably twice that to the states. £4.15 for red.

SO, looking at this I have a question: plugged into a spare channel could it indicate Loss Of Signal?
My stuff goes OFF on LOS, but I suppose you could rig it differently say on a failsafe system with a colored cover. Worst case when it stopped flashing you have a LOS incident. Not that would help preventing crashes, but if a survivable brief episode occurred, knowing about it might help.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Flytron strobon hmm and only £4 but probably twice that to the states.

SO, looking at this I have a question: plugged into a spare channel could it indicate Loss Of Signal?
My stuff goes OFF on LOS, but I suppose you could rig it differently say on a failsafe system with a colored cover. Worst case when it stopped flashing you have a LOS incident. Not that would help preventing crashes, but if a survivable brief episode occurred, knowing about it might help.
They pull very little power when strobing, and they do a stand alone version with its own battery backup!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Got my 2nd flight on the Mini Talon and it flew beautifully. The auto stabilisation works great and those two strobes, on a grey day line today they really helped with line of sight flying.
Next flight on this model, I go on FPV for tuning of the servos and the PIDs.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Bit of testing for tomorrow.... 1.3Ghz video.
Made a transmitter that I'm popping up in the loft window and a monitor/receiver tray for driving off and testing the range.
IMG_20200117_214836425.jpg
😀😀😀

Wildthing

Legendary member
Bit of testing for tomorrow.... 1.3Ghz video.
Made a transmitter that I'm popping up in the loft window and a monitor/receiver tray for driving off and testing the range.
View attachment 154979
😀😀😀

Cool idea, if you are doing the testing by yourself I would put the camera in the loft and you drive away with the tx so you can see when the signal starts top go away.