Help! Don’t kno what I’m doin!

Nottaclue

Sup! I am fairly new with drones. Well, at least when it comes to racing ones and such.
I have a mini Mach 1 with FLYSKY FS-i6X Transmitter. I bought’em two days ago used. I can not figure how to set it up! I’ve watched videos, searched and read but can’t get it set correctly. When I try and set the failsafe while watching a video, a bunch of times, somehow that Model Select doesn’t control the drone any longer. So then I setup a new model and I do the same thing. Also, I’m not sure tho, but from my experience with rtf drones, this remote will not throttle back down after it takes off. I mean not back to zero. I have to disarm it when I wanna land it. If that makes any sense...sorry for the chapter I typed! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Lets start with WHICH Mach 1 we are talking about. Are we talking the Walmart ready to fly? a Racedayquads mach1 prebuilt? some other Mach 1?

Also a few pictures with screen shot maybe of the (assume) Betaflight pages where you are making changes. Finally possibly a video (landscape phone video if using a phone not vertical we cant see squat that way please) of the throttle issues. Will it actually land and sit there spinning or do you have trouble getting it back to the ground once it takes off?

Nottaclue

Lets start with WHICH Mach 1 we are talking about. Are we talking the Walmart ready to fly? a Racedayquads mach1 prebuilt? some other Mach 1?

Also a few pictures with screen shot maybe of the (assume) Betaflight pages where you are making changes. Finally possibly a video (landscape phone video if using a phone not vertical we cant see squat that way please) of the throttle issues. Will it actually land and sit there spinning or do you have trouble getting it back to the ground once it takes off?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

Nottaclue

No. It will throttle down just enough for it to continuously to bounce off the ground until I disarm it. It’s raining here atm. So I can’t get a video of it yet.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Failsafe on a quad is always left at default fall setting. You don't want it keeping last heading or slowly lower throttle like on fixed wing. If you are going fast in any direction and it failsafes with hold setting thats extremely dangerous. You want an uncontrolled quad out of the air as soon as possible. You may have to eat the cost of some damage but the alternatives can be far worse.

You want to lower motor idle throttle value in the ESC / motor box. Default is set for a 5 inch quads weight which would make a 3 inch very floaty. This is how I have mine set @3.2%
2020.12.01-10.26_01.png

Also you probably want to put air mode on a switch. This could also be a cause for hopping after landing. I have a 3 way switch assigned to mode with pos 0 set for Horizon mode witout air mode for take offs and landings as I learned and as a back up if there is video issues or loss of orientation flying line of sight. Pos1(middle) is set to acro mode again for take offs landing and racing. pos2 is set for acro mode with air mode for freestyle.

This is set using the Horizon tab and the air mode tab like this.

2020.12.01-10.33_01.png

Nottaclue

Failsafe on a quad is always left at default fall setting. You don't want it keeping last heading or slowly lower throttle like on fixed wing. If you are going fast in any direction and it failsafes with hold setting thats extremely dangerous. You want an uncontrolled quad out of the air as soon as possible. You may have to eat the cost of some damage but the alternatives can be far worse.

You want to lower motor idle throttle value in the ESC / motor box. Default is set for a 5 inch quads weight which would make a 3 inch very floaty. This is how I have mine set @3.2%
View attachment 193951

Also you probably want to put air mode on a switch. This could also be a cause for hopping after landing. I have a 3 way switch assigned to mode with pos 0 set for Horizon mode witout air mode for take offs and landings as I learned and as a back up if there is video issues or loss of orientation flying line of sight. Pos1(middle) is set to acro mode again for take offs landing and racing. pos2 is set for acro mode with air mode for freestyle.

View attachment 193952
Ok. Imma do that. I’ll let ya kno the outcome. Prolly won’t b until this weekend. Thanks a lot Psyborg! I really appreciate ya!

Nottaclue

View attachment 193951

View attachment 193952
About the betaflight I jus found out about it. Lol. So I guess I need to figure out what I need to do on it. I seen where I have a choice of WiFi or Bluetooth...don’t really kno what that means. I mean do I need to get a wire to connect phone to transmitter or what? I’m not really askin, I kno I need to figure some stuff out on my own. Lol! But I’ll b back n a day or so. I am very much obliged for the help so far!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Flight controllers are usually set up thru usb on a computer. There are wifi and blue tooth modules but now days once a quad is set up changes can be made thru the osd in the goggles with the radio. No need for added connectivity to a phone in the field.

STILL need to know exactly what "Mach 1" we are working with here other wise you could be headed down a totally wrong path with my advice.

Nottaclue

Flight controllers are usually set up thru usb on a computer. There are wifi and blue tooth modules but now days once a quad is set up changes can be made thru the osd in the goggles with the radio. No need for added connectivity to a phone in the field.

STILL need to know exactly what "Mach 1" we are working with here other wise you could be headed down a totally wrong path with my advice.

Sup! Sorry it took me so long to get back. I’m tryin to get in touch with the person I bought it from. This is what he sent me...

(The frame was RacedayQuads Mini Mach One. The flight controller is a Spedix IS100, you would need to know this if you were going to update Betaflight. The Rx, hmm I had like three different Flysky Rx's in that thing. Maybe the FS-A8S. If you take the heat wrap off the RX the model number should be printed on the board. You really don't need to know the model number just that it is a Flysky running the AFHDS 2 protocol you should be able to bind it to any TX that runs that protocol, especially if it is a Flysky TX.)

I reset the transmitter like an idiot. I may be over my head on this. Lol.