DR1 Appreciation

dylanbeaudette

I love this plane. Unfortunately, the temptation to fly like a maniac leads to easily avoidable crashes and a tendency to skip practicing flying basics and other important skills like landing.

Thankfully we have a fresh speed build kit waiting for the eventual final flight of our favorite plane.

8EB42259-A4D3-40F7-9524-09B83FB666D6.jpeg

Kugzenburg

i reccomend installing a gyroscope if you flying crazily, i installed a hobbyeagle a3 pro on my aerobatic aircraft since it has an auto level feature which is like a bail out button, in a click of a switch no matter the orientation of the plane it'll level itself, saved me a ton of money

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I love this plane. Unfortunately, the temptation to fly like a maniac leads to easily avoidable crashes and a tendency to skip practicing flying basics and other important skills like landing.

Thankfully we have a fresh speed build kit waiting for the eventual final flight of our favorite plane.

View attachment 226306

Brother!! I feel vindicated that you are enjoying it. This plane has gotten a bad rap but it's still my favorite. It's easy to build and even easy to scratch build from templates. And, as you've noted, a blast to fly. Here's an old family portrait - I've added one since this was taken. The three in back are 150% versions. The left one is the original plans scaled up flew great as rudder and elevator plane like it's little brother. The one on the right was a prototype with folded airfoil wings and ailerons. And the center one has master series style shaped wings. Shameless plug: Plans here in resources https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/dr1-150.286/

IMG_3549.JPG