DSM-2 vs DSMX reciever question to bind with Spektrum DX6

LoopyZero

Hello,

I bought I KingKong tiny7 and ordered it with the DSM2 reciever. From what I can tell, it is this reciever https://www.amazon.com/HOBBYMATE-Racer-Quadcopter-Satellite-Receiver/dp/B01NCIWP4D/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1501193926&sr=8-3&keywords=dsm2+receiver

I'm able to get it to bind in dsmx mode and I can see the control movements in Betaflight.

....but I'm reading that DSM2 is not compatible with the Spektrum DX6; ....that said, I see an option in frame rate to set it to DSM2.

I actually went as far to buy a used Spektrum DX6i from a guy at the local hobby shop.

The issue is, when I bind, there is nothing I can do to get the quad to arm. I've never had this problem with other quads like a Vortex or Tiny Whoops.

If I see the control movements in betaflight, an I rule out any binding issues? ...or should I go back to trying to use the older DX6i which is DSM2 only.

.....the strangest thing is the reciever I see that looks like what I got says it is "Satellite Receiver - for DSM-2 DSM-X Radio Transmitter, With Bind Button".

...any input is greatly appreciated.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
If you are seeing your stick movements in Betaflight, you are bound and good to go. As far as arming, there are a few things it could be, all covered in this quick video:

LoopyZero

That video had my solution and other great info. The binding was fine, it was the min_check on the throttle. Now a lot makes sense, so thanks for the reply and the link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!