DTFB american dragon biplane

I would increase the size of he tail surfaces a bit and see what that does. At first you might just tape some additional foam in place to see what effect it has.

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
Well I finally got to fly again (almost two months! been busy!) I added about 1.5" of height to the rear vertical stabilizer and wow what a difference that made! It flys really well now. It still has a little bit of tip stalling but nothing too crazy. I would call a it a good intermediate plane. I have it setup for ailerons so I think I will try that next.

justin

ztoon

Gone with the Mistral
Hi,
that's a nice biplane.
I know that the tittle thread is "american dragon biplane" but I do find the general shape possibly a good start for an Antonov AN2 which I love.
A rounded front fuselage and vertical stab, some eastern colors and...
I found my next project.
thanks for the plans. ;)

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
Call it whatever you want! The original plan I got it from was a called the american dragon (or something like that). I'll make sure to get the updated plans up here.

Justin

Tater76

Looks like the j3 cub I just built with an added wing. My cub is a little loose too. Maybe a tad longer fuselage?

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
It flow much better with the taller rudder but I may try lengthening it if I can on the run. Good thought!

Michael9865

Elite member
Well I finally got to fly again (almost two months! been busy!) I added about 1.5" of height to the rear vertical stabilizer and wow what a difference that made! It flys really well now. It still has a little bit of tip stalling but nothing too crazy. I would call a it a good intermediate plane. I have it setup for ailerons so I think I will try that next.

justin

Congratulations, problem solving at its finest! Keep tweaking it until you get it as you want it. For me that is a big part of the fun in scratch building airplanes.

gabrielete

Congratulations that plane flies great! I've built it in balsa and had to put ailerons... I can operate only with rudder only when the ailerons are nicely trimmed. But when you have ailerons what's the point???

Very nice conversion! :) Kudos to you!!

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
yeah I have ailerons on the wing, just never cracked and beveled them. the servo is even installed. It would take 5 minutes to finish but I just love it the way it is.