• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DX6e vtail config

JasonK

Well-known member
#1
I was verifying my TX setup for my Vtail and noticed that I don't get full stick throw for elevator and rudder. about 25% and 75% the channels hit 50% and the remaining stick movement is 'dead'. Is there a way to get the TX to use the full range of the stick for the full throw (it appears to be capping each of rudder and elevator to 50% for each servo, so that the combination maxes out at 100%) instead of only the center 50%?
 

JasonK

Well-known member
#3
It isn't a mechanical issue, deflection is consistent with the servo monitor. The vtail setup is raw out of the tx config, no special configuration.

The exact issue is that the servo monitor goes from 0 to 50 for a stick movement of 50% to 75% then stays at 50 from 75% of stick to 100% of stick. Dual rates are at 100% (if it set it to 80%, the monitor stopped at 40 when the stick is at 75%)

Basically, the TX is only using the middle 50% of the stick deflection instead of 100% of it when in v-tail mode
 

Bricks

Well-known member
#4
Playing with my DX9 and Vtail when watching the screen when my sticks hit full deflection at the same time so does my monitor at 50% so resolution is working. If I increase my servo travel I get 75% on the screen when my stick hit it`s stop. You do not have a problem as the monitor may only show 50% but it is using the full stick throw.
 

JasonK

Well-known member
#5
that is the problem, I am hitting 50% when the stick is at 75% throw.

here a video of it:


As you can see, my elevator stick throw hits about 75% throw when the monitor maxes out, then the remaining 25% does nothing.
 

Bricks

Well-known member
#7
I fixed it... I re-calibrated the sticks and now it works normally

Good for you I never thought about calibrating the sticks something else to put into the memory even thou it may not stay there. I have to say it is the first time I have ever seen this before.
 

JasonK

Well-known member
#8
Good for you I never thought about calibrating the sticks something else to put into the memory even thou it may not stay there. I have to say it is the first time I have ever seen this before.
I might have also been the cause for that issue, I think I was roaming around my setting a while back and might have opened that setting and thought I canceled back out, but it did a partial calibration on me messing up that stick's movement. Some of the various settings make sense, and some of them I have had to just change, see what happened, repeat until I get the intended behavior (this was mostly with trying to add a mix thrust -> elevator and have it switched so I could turn it on/off as I wanted to test if that would help my up-pitch issue, but wanted to be able to turn it off if it made things worse).