E-flite Beast 3D with AS3X

Boom

Sweet! Thanks for the nice review! Now I just have to wait for it to get back into stock around here... :)

sleb

If it's RC I can crash it
Another great show. I think this technology should be on all their micros. Would be nice to use them with a little wind.

Illiop

Big Daddies
Great episode, these little planes are so cool. They open up model aviation to a much wider audience.
Nice flying Josh S.!

Slush Bob

What battery would you put in this plane. is the 180mAp a good enough battery? or is there a bigger one that will work better and still fit in the battery spot?

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
From what I have seen, these new planes won't be in stock until Feb. I guess I will have to save up for both the Beast and the Geebee.

From the HobbyZone website, the Beast is now a true 3D airplane and can now be flown indoors!!!
Can't wait!!

Slush Bob

Ok guys i need some help... i am going to get this beast, and i am going to buy a Y harness addapter so i can use my one cells form my other planes and hellis. what are your favorite one cell batterie packs...i have a few Thunder Power, and E-flite. i really like the thunder but they seem to be the most expesive. How are the Nano-tech ones? and how are they only $2? So what have worked for you?

sandblaster

Nano-Techs are really great and a noticeable difference in smooth power output. One can buy a bunch for less then $2 each. A huge savings over other brands. Use them in Nine Eagles hellis. Makes it much easier to fly because of the smooth power.

Should not be posting this here, next time I want to order more they will be out again. So please keep this between friends, O.K?

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I love my turnigy batteries. I flew the 160's all last winter in the gym, now I have some of the nano techs and they seem to be just as good. Can't beat the price and they perform as good as any of the others we've tried.

HAM

I flew mine for the first time yesterday. Have had it for some time now, but haven't dared to try it with my limited skills. I have only flown a motor glider, and then trained a lot on Aerofly simulator.

Well I gave it a try on 40 x 40m (130 x 130ft) area outside my house. I was probably too brave to try it on a small area like this, surrounded by trees, fences and power lines! The first launch was good, but had little time to adjust anything before I hit a fence :( I was sure it broke badly, but no, a little wrinkle on the spinner and the battery hatch flew of. That was all - really amazed how much beating it could handle - it looks and feels so fragile.

So I decided to try some more, and I got quite good at the end. It handles really well, it is fast, so a bigger area would be better, as I had to turn all the time, giving me less time to really learn to know the aeroplane.

So very impressed. Easy to fly and takes a lot of beating. I flew for apr 20 minutes and almost all landings were more or less controlled crashes and the plane is fine :)