Edgewater Airpark and RC Park

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Hey everyone!
Quick update for ya! The Concrete is planning on being POURED at our @pilotInstitute Hangar sometime today we hope! ;) They prepped it all last week(Pics attached) and we are SUPER excited to have this next step become a reality! ha

Blessings yall
The FT Team

Attachments

• IMG_8831.jpg
    IMG_8831.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8828.jpg
    IMG_8828.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8826.jpg
    IMG_8826.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Hey everyone!
We are proud to announce that concrete was poured and put in place last week!!! It looks phenomenal and we are super excited to get working on the next phase of this building soon! Here are a few photos we snapped after it was all finished! ;)

Blessings,
The FT Team

Attachments

• IMG_8874.jpg
    IMG_8874.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8872.jpg
    IMG_8872.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8871.jpg
    IMG_8871.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Hey everyone!
We are proud to announce that concrete was poured and put in place last week!!! It looks phenomenal and we are super excited to get working on the next phase of this building soon! Here are a few photos we snapped after it was all finished! ;)

Blessings,
The FT Team
wow! cant wait to see you making some giant project in there. btw try making a super stol twin otter!

whackflyer

Master member
Hey everyone!

Blessings,
The FT Team
Looks great Stefan! Too bad I live so far away :cry:

wrangler90

Great building, and I enjoyed the video tour on YouTube. I have three questions.

In the future Is Flite Test taking over all production of the FT Plane Kits ?

Why does it appear that the Kits are not being made with the new Maker Foam? I was under the impression this was going to be their intent. (The majority is still listed with the brown water resistant foam)

In the future is Flite Test becoming the sole source for their FT Plane Kits?

Thanks

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Great building, and I enjoyed the video tour on YouTube. I have three questions.

I thought that was already the case, did you have a reason to believe that they were not?

Why does it appear that the Kits are not being made with the new Maker Foam? I was under the impression this was going to be their intent. (The majority is still listed with the brown water resistant foam)
If you digg around the forums, there was something about the new maker foam (white) running into a quality control issue with the manufacturer and I believe they switched back to the brown.

Thanks
I thought they also worked with local hobby shops, did you see something that made you think this would change?

wrangler90

I thought that was already the case, did you have a reason to believe that they were not?

If you digg around the forums, there was something about the new maker foam (white) running into a quality control issue with the manufacturer and I believe they switched back to the brown.

I thought they also worked with local hobby shops, did you see something that made you think this would change?
I was under the impression they sub-contracted their FT Kit production and then utilized A-Main for their sales and distribution. Maybe my impression was incorrect?

wrangler90

Jason K thank you for the update on the Maker Foam, that certainly explains why its not in place yet.

whackflyer

Master member
I was under the impression they sub-contracted their FT Kit production and then utilized A-Main for their sales and distribution. Maybe my impression was incorrect?
That's what I thought too. Now I guess they're cutting their own kits in the new manufacturing building. Not sure if they'll keep using Amain or not. I'd like to see them have their own store and fulfillment center instead of having it halfway across the nation from them.

Tench745

Master member
That's what I thought too. Now I guess they're cutting their own kits in the new manufacturing building. Not sure if they'll keep using Amain or not. I'd like to see them have their own store and fulfillment center instead of having it halfway across the nation from them.
FT used to handle their own store, but when they wanted to start carrying a wider range of products they partnered with A-main. This let FT focus more one their other endeavors like the videos, STEM program, FT Community, and building Edgewater. I don't think they'll step away from A-Main anytime soon; they're busy enough.

flitetest

Administrator
Admin

Thanks
Hey everyone!

So, just wanted to check in with yall to clarify...

-We currently and always have produced all of our FT plane kits in house. ;)
-The new MAKER FOAM did have quality control issues and we had to halt production on that type of foam. It is still unknown whether or not this foam will continue to be produced or not based on the quality and effectiveness for our FT Kits etc.

Hope this helps clear things up yall!
Blessings,
The FT Team