EZ Power Pack V.2 and EZ First Flyers

tevbax

Hi Everyone,
Well, we definitely did not get the results that we wanted. The new EZ Power Pack V2 did not match the previous motors we received - they are now red and blue. We put the blue on the left wing, under the wing. Red went on the right, under the wing. Red colored connector was plugged into the red port on the receiver, and the white plugged into white. All of these went on EZ first flyers.
Every plane was a lawn dart and did not make it more than 10 ft.

Is there a instruction for the new motor pack? It seems we followed the old video and something had to change.

Help!

Foamforce

Could you post a picture of your plane? We just got a couple of the EZ pack planes at FliteFest and they both flew. It looks like on ours that there is no thrust angle on the motors, so that would be one thing to check. Other than that, the only other thing that comes to mind is if the battery is placed too far forward in the slot in the nose, making it very nose heavy. You could try moving the battery back.

Here’s the bottom of my son’s plane for reference.
image.jpg

tevbax

Could you post a picture of your plane? We just got a couple of the EZ pack planes at FliteFest and they both flew. It looks like on ours that there is no thrust angle on the motors, so that would be one thing to check. Other than that, the only other thing that comes to mind is if the battery is placed too far forward in the slot in the nose, making it very nose heavy. You could try moving the battery back.

Here’s the bottom of my son’s plane for reference.
View attachment 238503
I do not have a picture of the planes, as they are in the hands of our class kids. One immediate difference I see is that the red motor is on the LH side and the blue on the RH. Red plug is in the connector - the connections match what we did.
We did flip the motors to the top side of the wing, which helped things a bit but still did not have and l/r differential.
Battery location is dead on for a little nose up attitude as recommended. We worked extensively with CG on this project.
Im going to put together another one of the kits today and toy with it. Our 2 day class was wrapping up with a 45min flight time, and unfortunately ran out of time to get the kids a flyable plane. I need to put together an email to the parents to help the kids fix their planes, and schedule in a 1 day class to help them get flying.
Im no stranger to "testing", just a little disappointed that we didn't prebuild one of the kits and spot the product change.

AgentC

Elite member
I'm a month late, but it's definitely the motor orientation that was the problem here. The red is the left motor, the blue the right.

I sent a message to Trevor from FT Stem and suggested if they get the FT production team to do anything to the pack, it's to change the colour of the blue motor mount to green. That way it helps with STEM in the navigation lights that match the EZ pack's motors. Less mistakes and learning opportunities to be had here which are both positives in my books.

I do not have a picture of the planes, as they are in the hands of our class kids. One immediate difference I see is that the red motor is on the LH side and the blue on the RH. Red plug is in the connector - the connections match what we did.

We did flip the motors to the top side of the wing, which helped things a bit but still did not have and l/r differential.
Battery location is dead on for a little nose up attitude as recommended. We worked extensively with CG on this project.

Im going to put together another one of the kits today and toy with it. Our 2 day class was wrapping up with a 45min flight time, and unfortunately ran out of time to get the kids a flyable plane. I need to put together an email to the parents to help the kids fix their planes, and http://essaypapers.reviews/ schedule in a 1 day class to help them get flying.
Im no stranger to "testing", just a little disappointed that we didn't prebuild one of the kits and spot the product change.
I too was a bit dissatisfied with that news.

Hello,
I have made EZ canard with V2 power pack, it needs 4grms weight at the noze.

The AUW weight is 62grms.

Has anyone had the same issue with CG balance. Because in the build video there is no need for extra nose weight.

Attachments

• IMG_20231022_020134.jpg
    IMG_20231022_020134.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0