EPO Parkjet

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Hey smasher- do like BFC did and get an L bracket at your local hardware store.
You can get aluminum extruded pieces enough to make a whole bunch of motor mounts.
We prefer the steel ones because they can be bent back into shape several times.
I've seen the stock mounts that come on those things (crap), you're not the only one that breaks 'em.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
OK, now that we've seen the beginner's plane of this type (the Rad Jet), time for another review of this baby with the 3000kv motor and 20A ESC on 3s. I think everyone should have one of these; 90-100mph stock, yes please...

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
As some of you may have read in this thread, I burnt out the stock motor on my Parkjet. To replace it, I stuck a powerful 55mm EDF on it. The ESC I had burnt on my second attempted flight, but realistically it was too small. So now a 30A Plush is in its place.

Today was the first flight with the Plush. I suspect this EDF draws close to 40A, so throttle wasn't open slather; besides, I'm only using little 20C 1300 batteries too. I launch mine sidearm like a flying wing. There's more than enough thrust from this baby to get it flying right out of the hand. I did about 10 speed runs, spaced with a couple of cooling circuits. On the last one the motor skipped a beat, so I brought it around for landing. This thing goes through at about 90mph, though I need to verify with RCSpeedo. I could probably get more from a higher C battery. The motor came down barely warm, while the ESC was hot, but not enough to blister up the foam. The battery was warm, but not excessively so. The bulky unit doesn't seem to affect the slow and off power flight performance either.

Very impressed with the performance of both the plane, EDF and ESC. HK aren't lying when they call it 'bulletproof'!

Sorry about the lack of video. I'll arrange for that to happen soon.

Last edited:

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Nope... Not that one... The guy who passed it on to my F-I-L is a serial buyer/crasher and doesn't remember where he got it from. He usually buys stuff from either R2 Hobbies or Hobbyking, but I can't find anything like it on either site (nor could I 6 months ago when I first saw it). It's a shame, because it's a seriously nice little unit! The motor barely gets warm and I'm sure it's running at >5000kv.