EZ indoor/outdoor Flying Wing

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Going to introduce NEWGEN flying wing and it's plans after trying one more small variation to see what effects if any, take place. There are no vertical components at all.

After a few design generations of flying wings, I have a dropped the wing tips that were needed and substituted what I call a stabilizer which is kickass!!!!! I have been flying wings for many moons.

The wing is flat, has a 2200kv with a APC 8x3/8 P prop and with a 1300 3s lipo and weighs 332.2 grms. Goes like a bat out of !!!!!!

Does not have to be chucked, in fact, in calm can be released at 1/2 throttle. Like any wing, needs about about 2-3 degrees of up reflex. The stabilizer is the controlling factor where it changes the flow across the wing. Hence, like today with the gusty winds(Front is going thru) it prevents rolling overs, tip stalls and actually can be flown standstill(still jumping around ) above the trees. Lacking rudder control, it needs to be landed into the wind. I have use the same wing planform with the stabilizer and because of the modified airflow, landings are slow and controlled. My previous version of the wing has a "UDDER RUDDER" and that one is even easier to fly in crosswinds. The udder rudder can be used in front or rear of the prop. Just turn it around. That was my contribution to giving STOL yaw control at low speeds.

Here is version 2 with the "udder rudder" and the new generation without any vertical components.
View attachment 219950

Without any vertical stab

View attachment 219951

I am going to do a thread on how to build my setup with the new generation wing to stab design. FoamyDM, hope you try the stabilizer approach on one of your designs.

FoamyDM, now I can tell you what I am doing using the concept of the Prandtl, I am taking a theoretical paper that explores a rectangular wing, putting no dihedral or sweep into it and introducing a different approach to solve the yaw problem. It took me 2 months to figure out how to duplicate to even solve the possibility of getting the "right number".

Guess what part the "stabilizer" is going to do. I am going to mount it to improve the odds of working. I know the flow pattern is going to be laminar, so maybe I have a 25% chance of it working. Love working on things that don't exist. Again, thank you for presenting info that got me started.
I am excited to have inspired you to reach out into the world of the unproven. It is unclears exactly what specifically you did here, beside remove the winglets and add a different leading edge. Please post a link to the thread so I can find it. It look good.

L Edge

Master member
I am excited to have inspired you to reach out into the world of the unproven. It is unclears exactly what specifically you did here, beside remove the winglets and add a different leading edge. Please post a link to the thread so I can find it. It look good.

I am going to explain how my flat plate swept wing can fly in all kinds of wind conditions and why it can crawl as well as as well as flying fast without end plates or other vertical devices. I like to design things that don't exist. I will always explain how to do it if you ask. Many of the threads are buried deep in these forums. This one is going to be used in the subset of Prandtl-D wings.