EZ Pack Plans Index

Scotto

Elite member
Nice! You should submit it as a resource, too.

Very cool! This will be an awesome plane for kids and adults alike! I agree with Addicted, you should definitely post this on the Resource page.
Thank You Very Much.
Thanks and you are very much welcome. Ya maybe after I get a video of it or something Ill post a resource. And make sure the eyes and stuff fits right haha. I think the spinner covered up the end of tge line for the battery slot a little, so it may need a touch more.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Since @mrjdstewart got the A-6 flying, I started working on the skins. Did a little work last night. Thought I'd share some eye candy.
Skin Proof.JPG

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I see some members posting skin downloads which look really sharp. I checked through the postings, but did not see how they are being adhered. I assume they are printed out on color printers, then glued to the foam prior to cutting? How does the final weight of foam with the skin attached compare to regular foam with and we without an paper? Very interested in trying those, but concerned about the weight penalty

I use standard 20 pound inkjet printer paper and Super77. The difference in AUW on the EZ Intruder is 2 grams. The plane in the image below weighs 50 grams all-up. My non-skinned version weighs 48 grams. Both fly almost identically (one just looks way cooler doing it :cool:).

1636583534249.png

Rasterize

Mentor
The EZ A-6 Intruder is now available on the resource page for download here! The format is a 5 page PDF for easy printing on a home printer. Includes a page of me rambling on over the basics of gluing paper to foam. :sneaky::LOL: Thanks to @mrjdstewart for his help. Enjoy!
EZ A-6 Intruder.jpg

EZ A-6 Intruder bottom.jpg

Last edited:

Rasterize

Mentor
Ya thats really cool. What software do you use?

This was done all in Adobe Illustrator. If anyone is interested in trying their hand at designing a skin and either you are not an Adobe fan or just don't want to cough up the dough for an Illustrator subscription, might I recommend Inkscape as a cheap alternative? There are many YouTube videos to get you started. :)