F pack confusion

jpot1

Elite member
I was looking at the f pack on the FT store as I am thinking about building some of the minis. My confusion is that the Emax 2205 motor seems to draw a lot more than what the 12A esc included in the f pack can handle. Since this motor can handle up to 4s and some tests show 30a draw with 40 a bursts (although on a 6040 prop) shouldn’t the f pack come with a bigger esc? Am I missing something?

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
FT recently updated this powerpack to work with this motor. There is a YouTube vlog on all the testing that TJ did on the motors and escs (I can't find it right now). I know it may seem counter intuitive, but I trust FTs testing. I also know they'll stand by their products from experience.

Edit - Found it! It starts at 3:50

Last edited:

jpot1

Elite member
Thanks French. Watched this and Josh does say they are going up to a 20A esc. Now I know what to buy. Going to contact the store to see how soon they are upgrading.

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Hey Jpot1!
That new F PACK is AWESOME I tell you what! Even with the 12amp esc... Alex and I have been flying 3 cell batts for days on our mini sportster/mustang! So fun and way more than enough power and NOTHING SMOKED... which is great! ha

I am sure 20Amps will be coming soon and if I hear any word I will get back in this thread to update!

Blessings and thanks for all the support!
Stefan

TaleSpin

I had the same question, I'm so glad you posted it. I'd been using a 30A esc that I soldered on the 2mm connectors for since I was worried about frying the 12A ESC. Really liking this motor so far. I put it on a Bushwacker that I built at 70% of the size of the original plans (31.5" wingspan) and on my slightly modified foam Drake II at 80% (36" Wingspan). Plenty of power, so much fun.

jpot1

Elite member
Hey Jpot1!
That new F PACK is AWESOME I tell you what! Even with the 12amp esc... Alex and I have been flying 3 cell batts for days on our mini sportster/mustang! So fun and way more than enough power and NOTHING SMOKED... which is great! ha

I am sure 20Amps will be coming soon and if I hear any word I will get back in this thread to update!

Blessings and thanks for all the support!
Stefan

Thanks Stefan for the quick feedback!