Father and son Duo need advice about multi rotor/fpv hobby.

atp0623

Hello,

My 9 year old son and i are looking at getting into the multi rotor/FPV hobby. we are not sure where to start. ideally we would like to get into building/kits instead of the off shelf stuff. we have a Nano QX with a spectrum DX6I transmitter. we were looking at the FT 210 with the power pack E electronics. not sure on the flight controller. any advice/direction on components would be appreciated.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Several possibilities pop up.

Look into the new FT Gremlin kits as they are affordable enough you could easily buy two and do a serious Father son build. Its more power yet still small enough to minimize damage while learning. Down side is you better be fast on the order button the instant they are in stock as I think not much more then a blink of an eye will pass before they are out of stock again.

If you really want to go to the 210 size you could go several directions. The power pack E is a good place to start coupled with any of the F3 flight controllers. NAZE is cost effective but getting near end of life cycle due to so many other faster more stable options out now. You could also go with the slightly more expensive KISS set up which is a proven and to me less problematic set up.

In any case between now and your purchase I suggest watching the PAINLESS 360 videos on the various flight controllers and set ups to help aid your choice and familiarize your self better with all that is involved in doing a build. Then once you have made your choice go step by step with the Flite test build video and substitute the components you have decided on as it goes.

atp0623

Thanks for the feedback. i will certainly research more into flight controllers. i am learning that the research into all the possibilities is half of the fun. i think this will turn into a great hobby for my son and me.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I am sure it will as it has already done so for so many. Good luck in what you guys do and learn. keep us up to date with your progress. We specially like maidens with good or bad outcomes and family night build videos or family fly day videos.