Favorite Cheese?

510thousandths

Just someone else.
Mentor
Stilton, the King of Cheeses, the best mature Cheddar I have had came from Cheddar in Somerset and was matured in the big cave at Cheddar Gorge (UK)

Paul

OMG! A thread on cheese! Yes...Stilton is certainly the King of Cheeses! No other blue compares, but a few cheeses do come close to the "favorite" list. Of goudas...Reypenaer VSOP 2year is awesome!..there was a 5year i had before that I cant find any more..it was dutch and great. Mimolette is good as well.

Gruyere is also a goto favorite!

And to be a bit loss snobby...I will eat an entire tub of portwine cheese with wheat cracker if allowed!

I did have a funny conversation about cheese with a guy from switzerland while playing poker. I was on about the best cheeses from holland and england when he suggested I try Emmentaler, being his native cheese. After a bit of description, I realized what he was talking about was "swiss cheese.' Aparently in switzerland, they don't call it swiss cheese. :)

EraJomppa

RC Enthusiast
Cheeses! I like em :) Stronger the taste the better! I like the kinda cheese that makes my fiancee not want to be near my stinking breath for the next few hours :p

Mature Cheddars are very good, I like them and they are available in most grocery stores. Other grocery store favorite is Emmental, the older the better!

But my all time favorite must be Parmigiano-Reggiano, aka Parmesan cheese. 3 year old that you can usually get from market fairs in Italian cheese booths ;) I once tasted that and I just got hooked.

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
Mmmm... Aged cheddar.

I have a cheese shop near my house (within an hour dirve) that regularly has up to 15 year old cheddar.

It's to die for.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
After trying a few different cheeses, I'm pretty sure that Colby is the best for melting on top of Triscuit crackers. I'm mostly posting as a "note to self" because I remember shredding and melting cheese onto Triscuits and it being amazing, but failing at it recently. Until tonight with the Colby.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Much like RC Planes - whichever is most available to me :D

But if I have a choice...I've always been a bit partial towards Muenster which I'm a little shocked to see hasn't been named by anyone else yet :D

electricRC

HbbyFLyr
12 year aged natural [white] cheddar. or basically any cheese made by any company in WIS using WIS milk. I try to buy all my dairy products from WIS company's produced in WIS.