• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

First Fixed Wing and First Build: FT Tiny Trainer

Well, I went ahead and did it. I ordered a FT Tiny Trainer. This will be my first build and fixed wing.

I have a Taranis Plus and use it to Fly ZMR 250. I can not wait to get the kit and see how this goes.

dwight

We never forget our first -- mine was a Goldberg Eagle 2. There is no feeling like the first time you see your first self-built airplane take to the sky.

Dwight

Learning to fly is sooo nice. You will crash, but every time you can keep your plane in the air gives you so much confidence. At a certain point I wanted to fly, but when is was at the field I was too scared that I would crash it :)

Good luck, and if you need any help, just post your question

Learning to fly is sooo nice. You will crash, but every time you can keep your plane in the air gives you so much confidence. At a certain point I wanted to fly, but when is was at the field I was too scared that I would crash it :)

Good luck, and if you need any help, just post your question
Mine was an Eaglet 50 I built in 1990 and still flying it!!

Gryf

I'll never forget the moment I just "got it," and found myself keeping my Old Fogey in the air and actually making it go where I wanted. Something sort of clicked, and things started to get really fun. Pretty soon I was making routine flights without crashing, and I knew I wanted to keep doing this.

Gryf

kacknor

Build another!
Go for it! Even if it isn't perfect it's fun and good experience!

I'm new also. My first plane was a Sport Cub s and first build was a Simple Storch. Painted it up nice and it was so tail heavy it was nearly impossible to fly. But I did it anyway. Who knew I could keep it going that long?!? ;) The one that clicked was the Tiny Trainer. Easy build, easy fly. It still flies, but with care due to soft wing spars.