First FT Flyer build Complete!

Well it took me a bit to finish cause of recovering from back surgery but first build is complete. Built the FT Flyer. Took it out for its maiden and it flew well. Now if I could pilot well we would be all good! ;) I was flying in a empty lot across from my house and its big but probably not as big as it should be.

I took a few hard nose in hits and it took them well. The only thing was that after a while the tip of the wing and the posts for the power pod started to smash in. When I got my speed build kit the front tip of the wing was already kinda squished to start off. I took some scrap foam board and hot glue and tried to reinforce it so I could do more flying. I put a pack and a half through it before I had to stop cause of my back. Maybe I'll get more in tomorrow.

I also have the Nutball and the Delta still to build. All in all I would say the build was pretty easy. I love how this thing will just barley crawl or when I crank the throttle it is quick. Now I'm hooked and just need more practice.

photo2.jpg photo1.jpg

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
check where your skewers go through the fuselage and power pod as when mine mashed up the nose it pushed the skewers back and I had to reinforce them. Now you have been initiated have some fun with out so many jitters ( not to say you won't have some, just not as bad).

Yea I smashed the nose in pretty good and when I got it inside I found both skewers where completely knocked loose. Nothing some hot glue and some foam top and bottom to reinforce it didnt take care of. I was having a blast. Had it in high alpha and doing loops. I took it nice and high and the wife kinda freaked out. I could have smashed it to bits and I would still be happy. Cant have fun without risks and failures. Besides I think a good part of the fun is the building and fixing.