First real student soloed!

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
My first real student soloed!

Ok, I've taught a lot of people some thing about the hobby, had brief training sessions with 15 people a day for a week, but today my first Start to finish student soloed! I gave him my old Bixler, out fitted with landing gear, and during the last session he took off and landed. This session, I let him take off, talked him through a 90 degree tip stall, and he settled into a cruise. After a few seconds, I grabbed my slow stick, and we tried some formation flying... Untill we realized his stall speed was above my top speed. :p 25 min later, we both landed, and he was all smiles!:)

Pass this hobby on to someone else, it's a great feeling when they make that first solo!

Last edited:

Shufty

I've just started training my first student! (I've only been flying for 8 months, but I picked it up pretty quick).

I'd have to say, teaching someone with a buddy box system is certainly something new and a little bit scary, but certainly feels like a great accomplishment!

MrClean

soon as he's competent, make him start training. Nothing teaches better then trying to teach someone else. Plus he still remembers the bugs that were giving him problems and how he overcame them.