First time flying at the club field

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
We went out to the club field this afternoon (Tricounty RC Club of Central NJ) and flew for the first time. Everyone was friendly and we had an enjoyable time. There were a few gassers (fast) and many familiar Horizon models. We saw a tricopter and some were very interested in my son's Blackout 250. One guy was flying some fairly large gas copters - my butt was clinched tight the whole time he was flying. He was actually a good pilot - lots of flips and rolls, but I could only think of all that money so close to being a smoking pile on the ground. There were a lot of good pilots and they were all helpful. I think we'll enjoy flying there quite a bit. We need to bring chairs and some sunshade (popup). I think we'll still fly at the local school field when we don't have much time, but the club field will see us on the weekends during the season.

Best regards,
PCH

bobsav2121

Great

It's great that you found a field with helpful members.
All too many times you'll find the " this is our field " mentality and you shouldn't be here.

Good luck and I hope you and your son enjoy your time together flying.

Just remember that it's a HOBBY and you doing it to have FUN, don't make it too serious ;)

bob

johanjonker

All too many times you'll find the " this is our field " mentality and you shouldn't be here.

more often its a mentality that they don't want share the airspace of their prized turbine model with a home build foam plane.. I get lots of smiles and warm welcomes when I'm holding my model bought from the local hobby shop..

at the closest and only field for me, there has been two incidents where novice chopper pilots ended up in the pits area, and since then, rules after rules have been introduced making it a unwelcome place over weekends for new pilots and new planes.

I'm really happy for you finding a good model club, were people with deep pockets haven't yet taken over..

Last edited: