First Time FPVer looking to get into the game!

Raylon

Hey guys, looking to get into FPV soon, and am wondering about potential setups. I am looking at this package:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...m_w_Trinity_Head_Tracker_and_CMOS_Camera.html

I can't exactly tell if everything I need is in it. Package includes:
Atttitude V2 headset (with integrated 5G8 RX and Trinity head tracker)
1/3" CMOS 600TVL FPV tuned NTSC/PAL selectable camera
250mW 7ch 5G8 TX
3dBi 5G8 antenna x 2
1m AV cable
Futaba 6p data cable
3.5mm JR data cable
ezUHF MiniDIN data cable

It appears to have everything I need but I can't exactly tell. I'm going to put this setup on this guy, the new Armattan FPV quad:

http://www.armattanquads.com/armattan-fpv

Do I need anything in addition to what is with the goggles to have a fully functioning quad FPV setup?

TehMaxwell

Tales of a Rookie
That set-up is awesome and will be fantastic for a first set-up, FatShark's stuff is very reliable and you can't really go wrong with it. In terms of extra things you need, your going to need a battery to power the goggles, as this kit does not come with one. You can either buy one of the FatShark one's or you can modify a cable to use it with one of the Lipo's you already have. I am pretty sure there are video's online to make a modified cable. You may also want to upgrade the antennas. I have been using the standard FPV whip antennas supplied with FatSharks kits on a plane with no problems. However with a multirotor you will be flying around yourself more, so you may want to change the antennas to the Spironet Circularly Polarised ones or the Blue Beam antennas from Video Ariel Systems.

Ultimately you will only need a battery to power the goggles, then it depends on how much money you want to put in to increase the kits performance. But as a start all the stuff the kit has will work absolutely fine!

TehMaxwell

Tales of a Rookie
I would suggest you do not buy it from Horizon Hobby, Fatshark supply the extra battery and different antennas, so just add them as extra items to your cart. It will most likely come out as less. I would expect you would pay around $45 for those antennas and the battery on Hobbyking.

Shop around before you purchase anything, Hobbyking is definitely good if you want things cheap, you just have to search and look through their site a bit.

Please post your findings after using this system. I have been looking at the fpv thing and this package seems like a good setup to start with.