Flight Controllers

bigo99

Ive been playing with HK Flame Wheel clones for about a year always used a kk2.1 Flight Controller. I decided I wanted to move up the fpv looks cool.
I got a naza lite. Put it on a new quad It flips, It doesn't fly,takeoff, give it gas it flips, called dji got a rma, so i got to pay to send it back disillusioned with naza

My Question is
Im looking for a Flight Controller I want a kk2.1 with gps for $99.99 or less,

you got one?

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Personally I have only flown with one flight controller and that is the Multiwii Pro with GPS ($70 on hobbyking) and it has an overwhelming number of features. It definitely is a learning curve and requires a lot of patience, but after tuning it for a while it flies great. I'm not sure what you want to use the GPS for, especially for FPV, but at the moment GPS waypoints is still in beta for multiwii but I've read it works fine.
If you want something easier to use and set up than you could try out the HK Pilot Mega from hobbyking ($70) and buy a cheap GPS to start. If you can forgo the GPS, then I've also heard that the Flip 1.5 from ready to fly quads is great for stable FPV flying and it's cheap ($15!)
All these flight controllers will be more involved than the KK2, but if you put in the time then you will get a very good flying multirotor. Good luck searching!

rifted

Sad to hear about your Naza issues I have 2 lite installed in two different quads and they both fly great, even mounted with a mini quad (not mounted with GPS), the second one do have the GPS and I love how it fly's. The third one is a V2 and is mounted on a big quad and I love how it fly it is very reliable. Any how as Snarls mention the wii controller seems to be working for a lot of people great but you do need to get into the learning curve and have to adjust so it fly's 100%.That said, NAZE32 seems to work also and the interface seems to be a little more user friendly and simple enough to make your way. Now there are two options available the funfly and acro, both seem to work great but depending on what you are looking for. mention something under $99.99. Multiwii Pro with GPS and you will have to learn more on how to set it up 100% into your needs. Hobby King is also selling now the knock off the HKPilot32 Autonomous Vehicle 32Bit Control (PX4 open-hardware). all included 147.28, need to add your GPS thou.

I would check more about why your Naza lite (if you still have it) is not working right, like setting up all your ESC to the same throttle pulse, make sure that all the prop directions are right, your engine layout is also correct. Your GPS/compass is also free of magnetic interference (not close to ESC or video transmitter specially 5.8 ghs. GPS and 5.8 dont like to play along when they are too close)
Also your MCU is dead center (some people do mount MCU out of the center but I have not try it).
Remove the red wire from your ESC. (better to have them remove than burn something up)

Your channel lay out is also correct, Aileron Elevator Throttle Rudder.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Ed

Last edited:

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Ive been playing with HK Flame Wheel clones for about a year always used a kk2.1 Flight Controller. I decided I wanted to move up the fpv looks cool.
I got a naza lite. Put it on a new quad It flips, It doesn't fly,takeoff, give it gas it flips, called dji got a rma, so i got to pay to send it back disillusioned with naza

My Question is
Im looking for a Flight Controller I want a kk2.1 with gps for $99.99 or less,

you got one?

If your copter flips on throttle you have a build problem. Likely you have the ESCs connected incorrectly to the flight controller. It is a VERY common problem that most of us have experienced at least once.

Naza makes a great robot that will fly your copter for you, but if you want to actually be able to fly the copter, try the full version Naze 32. If you do and if you have trouble DO NOT EMAIL TIMECOP WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO GET A NAZE 32 TO WORK ON A FLAMEWHEEL. I guarantee a flaming reply if you do. :)

If you want a robot to fly for you, the Naza is the best there is.

If you want to fix the Naza, post video of the instaflip and we will work to help you figure out the problem and get you into the air.

Last edited:

bigo99

Thanks rifted
I tried to get it working for 2 months, wasted a lot of time on people like cranialrectosis how knew I was to dumb to read the users manual and double check myself. It was checked and rechecked, rebuilt, checked and rechecked. IT WAS NOT A BUILD PROBLEM.

Does the arduflyer and the HK PilotMega 2.7 use the same software. can you interchange parts?

Has anybody tryed a QQ SUPER Flight Controller or a CC3D board.

thanks for the help

rifted

Thanks rifted
I tried to get it working for 2 months, wasted a lot of time on people like cranialrectosis how knew I was to dumb to read the users manual and double check myself. It was checked and rechecked, rebuilt, checked and rechecked. IT WAS NOT A BUILD PROBLEM.

Does the arduflyer and the HK PilotMega 2.7 use the same software. can you interchange parts?

Has anybody tryed a QQ SUPER Flight Controller or a CC3D board.

thanks for the help

Well its a shame it didn't work... (good thing you burn out all your resources before dropping the Naza board out) but well, arduflyer and the HK PilotMega 2.7 do use the same open source software, the interchange parts well they should work but keep them arduflyer and the HK PilotMega 2.7. I would not try to use your Naza parts, I'm not so sure they would work.

I have not try QQ SUPER Flight Controller or a CC3D board, I'm about to try Naze32 once it arrives, the down side I think is that it does not have a return to home function. And for what I have read a lot of people are loving the Naze32 so I decided to get a hold on one and try it out.

Also the one some have try (with a lot of work but have succeed) is the Multiwii but that might be out of my league only because it needs more work. But it might be a good approach under $100 I think.

Also if you are going to try the arduflyer and the HK PilotMega 2.7 I would try the Pixhawk, seems more capable.

Good luck and I'll keep an eye on your posts!
Fly safe!