Flite Fest 2016 - JULY 14-17 @ Furey Field (was August 4-7)

kacknor

Build another!
Well that changes things. I'll actually be closer to the fest (Geneva On The Lake) but it will be more difficult to get away to go (Family vacation).

Maybe a day trip...

JD

Corbarrad

Um . . . Corbarrad . . . might want to look 2 posts up :black_eyed:

on the positive side, it's not later . . .

Thanks for the heads up, Dan.

I've stopped Hyperventilating in the meantime.

I'm pretty sure I'd have noticed sooner or later, but boy, that had the potential of being the most embarassing vacation since 1998...

SmilingDevil

Go into Google Maps and type in Malvern Ohio.

Get into satellite mode...and just north of the town is a field running east and west.
Zoom in on a long tree lined driveway running to the east which ends in a house and a number of outbuildings.

The house sits just to the south of a east-west grass runway.
That is Furey field...the house is owned by John Furey, Austin Fruey's father.
The flight line, vender tents, build tents and camping are set up end-to-end just south of the grass runway.(....).

Whatever happend to the good 'ol GPS Koordinates Google Maps uses?

40.696680, -81.180018

Last edited:

Corbarrad

Sounds like there is a good story there...

Look at the bright side - you may of had them all to yourself :p

Short version of the story: went to Australia. Had a two day layover in Sydney before heading to the outback. The hotel I booked there was smack dab in the middle of Sydneys red light district. Only found out on the flight while I was chatting it up with some old lady I'd helped getting her luggage stowed.

She: so where are you staying in Sydney, Love?" - Me: "Kings Cross" - She: *Gasps* "That's not a nice place to be staying, Love"

Turned out not to be all that bad, at least during the day.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Short version of the story: went to Australia. Had a two day layover in Sydney before heading to the outback. The hotel I booked there was smack dab in the middle of Sydneys red light district. Only found out on the flight while I was chatting it up with some old lady I'd helped getting her luggage stowed.

She: so where are you staying in Sydney, Love?" - Me: "Kings Cross" - She: *Gasps* "That's not a nice place to be staying, Love"

Haha, that's the old reputation of that area... but I was there in 1999, and it was already considered well into the up-and-coming "hip" place by then. From what I hear of it now, it's one of the "must visit" places in Sydney...

DharanFlyer

That's pretty good. Can't be any worse than walking down the Vegas strip with all the flappers.

AndyP57

No going back now! I've just booked my flights from UK to meet up with you guys. Not sure what I'll bring but there's always the build tent if I just bring a Box o' Lectrics :applause:

AndyP57

A question for those guys already in Ohio. I'm flying in to Akron Canton airport and want to rent a small RV for a week (I think it's a class B I'm looking for). Can anyone suggest a reliable, not too expensive, hire company I can easily get to the morning after I arrive? I've done some google searches and have a list but if anyone has used a company before and can give a personal recommendation it would be useful.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
A question for those guys already in Ohio. I'm flying in to Akron Canton airport and want to rent a small RV for a week (I think it's a class B I'm looking for). Can anyone suggest a reliable, not too expensive, hire company I can easily get to the morning after I arrive? I've done some google searches and have a list but if anyone has used a company before and can give a personal recommendation it would be useful.

As the date gets closer, I am sure the FT Crew will make that recommendation. I don't remember the name of the one they recommended before, but there was an FT promotional thing going on. So if you have time to wait, there should be more info.

Julez

WOT and going nowhere
As the date gets closer, I am sure the FT Crew will make that recommendation. I don't remember the name of the one they recommended before, but there was an FT promotional thing going on. So if you have time to wait, there should be more info.

NEFF Bros RV ;)

Corbarrad

I'll probably buy another tent this year. An RV is just too costly and restricting for a single person like me.
I'd see if I could rent a share with a group, but I'm told I snore heavily.

On another note: I wonder if it'd be possible to preorder kits for Flitefest, kind of like what they had as Kickstarter rewards in 2014.
That way I could order via paypal and be sure I had something to build when I get there instead of possibly going through the same hassle with my credit card company as last year.

AndyP57

That's very kind and thanks! I'll let you know nearer the time. I'm actually arriving a couple of days early so I can meet up with a customer an hour or so north before going to FlightFest, hence the RV idea. No doubt plans will become clearer in the next week or three.