DRAFT Flite Fest 2018 WWII Community Design & Build Off Discussion

Igoo57

Two planes I thought were interesting just because, who thinks of the manufacturer and thinks Oh, they make planes.

Goodyear F2G Super Corsair Carrier-based Low-Altitude, High-Performance Fighter Prototype
Proposed as an improved low-altitude version of the classic Vought F4U Corsair navy fighter, the Goodyear F2G Corsair was doomed with the end of World War 2.
Goodyear XF2G-1 Super Corsair Technical Specifications

Service Year: 1945
Type: Carrier-based Low-Altitude, High-Performance Fighter Prototype
National Origin: United States
Manufacturer(s): Goodyear Aircraft - USA
Production Total: 10

Kaiser-Fleetwings XBTK Prototype Dive Bomber / Torpedo Bomber
The single-seat Kaiser-Fleetwings XBTK naval bomber prototype was produced in just five prototypes and never adopted.
Kaiser-Fleetwings XBTK Technical Specifications

Service Year: 1945
Type: Prototype Dive Bomber / Torpedo Bomber
National Origin: United States
Manufacturer(s): Kaiser-Fleetwings - USA
Production Total: 5

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Both of those look like great candidates for this challenge - meet all the criteria, but also follow closely enough to existing FT or NerdNic plans that it should be an easier task to modify a set of plans rather than needing to work up from a blank page (which would be a lot easier for a first foam board design).

So which one are you going to take on? :p

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Would love to have you aboard for the FW-42 project! Just PM me your email address and I'll send an invite for the Asana project with all the meanderings and musings.

And if you want to tackle another design/build for the contest too, that would be awesome too! Just drop an official sign up message with the plane and a link to a build thread in the official WWII build off thread and we'll consider you entered :)

rommel426

dose anyone know dates or location for flite fest west 2018.trying to get days off now so they can't schedule me like last year. any info would be great.