FLITE FEST BUILDS OHIO 2018!

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hey everyone!

This is a thread for those who are either COLLABORATING WITH or PERSONALLY building something to bring to (or build AT) Flite Fest!

Share your builds, ideas, completed projects, unfinished projects etc... we always want to know what you all are planning and building because we LOVE that and we know that A LOT of our community want to know what people are going to be bringing, building and flying as well!

SHARING IS CARING so lets jump on it and get posting! ;)

Blessings,
Stefan and the FT Crew!

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
The Micro Sparrow Hunter based on Andrew Newton's Depron Micro Skyhunter. Modified FT Sparrow fuselage used, hence the name Sparrow Hunter!
IMG_20180702_184025_959.jpg

Russtynailz

I am currently putting together the necessary electronics to build a plane that I just saw in some pics this weekend.
it is a FT viggen that looks to be a 90mm edf build. (92mm fan, 1500KV motor (not Sure if i'm going to do 6 or 8S) with a castle HV120 amp ESC) and I am also going to finish Building a 4S 70mm FT Viggen tonight. the power system that i am using is the same from a previous viggen build that hit 126MPH. I spent some time yesterday putting together
parts and power systems to have at the ready to try some other builds at the event. one of the builds that I am going to do is a FT X-29 70mm EDF. I have a nice fan and 100amp ESC.
will be bringing several assorted ESC's, motors, servos and a metric ton of Props, so if anyone needs a hand to build something to fly, just ask me and i would be happy to help. :)

Attachments

• E992E6B9-DB05-47D4-9A47-0C993BEF720D.png
    E992E6B9-DB05-47D4-9A47-0C993BEF720D.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Russtynailz

I'm also bringing a couple baby hawks to transfer to gremlin frames. is there a frame that will work to just pull everything out and bolt onto the gremlin frame without any additional soldering?

Liam B

I'm also bringing a couple baby hawks to transfer to gremlin frames. is there a frame that will work to just pull everything out and bolt onto the gremlin frame without any additional soldering?

I think it should work with just about all of them, as long as the motor wires are long enough!

Liam B

I’m looking to see if anyone wants to start a group project? I want to build a giant 3D plane!

Russtynailz

I think i'm going to probably arrive in Malvern at some point on Wednesday. ( I have a super long drive to get there,1400 miles) and I have not done a drive like this before by myself so i don't know when i will get there and I don't want to plan for a Thursday arrival because I will just end up sleeping the rest of the day away. also looking at the schedule it shows Registration for camping starts Thursday at 2PM but the registration tent opens at 7:30am.... is that for pilot registration only?

kilroy07

Legendary member
Putting the finishing touches on a pre-skinned laser cut Miss America (FT Mustang) I'll be bringing.
IMG_7134[1].JPG
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/flite-fest-veterans-airshow.53529/

I'll also have my foam glider for combat and maybe a lite-up cub for night flights (haven't ever done night flights, kinda looking forward to it.)
Also probably toss in a couple from my existing hanger (simple scouts, bloody wonders) but they are early builds so not picture worthy.) LOL

Oh yea, and my Founder's plane (IF it gets here this week!)

Last edited:

Liam B

Well, the way i see it, its flite fest, go big, have fun, or stay home. I havent had the resources to work on a project like this until a couple months ago, may as well have fun with it.

I think I’ve gone as big as I could while being financially stable! Shipping a 90” wing across the country isn’t cheap! But wow, I’ll be looking forward to seeing it for sure.

ferret_guy

We are building a 400% Bloody Baron (10ft Wingspan), with a Turnigy 150cc motor which should allow us to do unlimited 3D.

We are planning on building the full-size aircraft at the event from scratch, we would love to have some help building it!

temp.PNG

See our thread here for more info!

donalson

We are building a 400% Bloody Baron (10ft Wingspan), with a Turnigy 150cc motor which should allow us to do unlimited 3D.

We are planning on building the full-size aircraft at the event from scratch, we would love to have some help building it!

View attachment 110031

See our thread here for more info!

do this at the TX event and i'm in... sadly I won't be in OH lol... following that thread now though :)

Russtynailz

That is an Internet pic, that is not me. I have substantially less hair. 😂

Attachments

• 597947F5-D3E9-4F86-983A-DC6FF847C785.jpeg
    597947F5-D3E9-4F86-983A-DC6FF847C785.jpeg
    20 KB · Views: 0