Flite Fest Trip Cost Cutters Club.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Guys, it looks like there's lots of people who are stretching their budgets (both finances and time) pretty thin to get to this event. We have a good carpooling thread going, but there's a few folks who will be able to make it to the airport, or bus station, but will need some help from there.

If you need to be shuttled.
or
If you're willing to help shuttle.

If you need to split the cost of a camp site.
or
If you're willing to split the cost of a camp site.

Then please post here.

The Flite Test crew is spread pretty thin trying to keep the business going, and organize an event that has grown much larger, much faster than anticipated. It sounds like at least 400 people have committed to going to this event. We have people reportedly coming from Mexico, and even Australia, so we want to make sure this will go so smoothly that no one (except the FT crew and the volunteers) will know how much effort was expended.

I know a few people are planning to get there early for the event. I know of at least one person expecting to arrive the Saturday before the event. If you would like to reduce your hotel/campsite/etc expenses, here is where you can team up with someone else who would also like to cut some costs.

Hi Guys

I will be arriving the Saturday prior to the event from Australia. I need some help getting out to the event. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jase :)

bitogre

I am willing to split the cost of a camp site and have already paid the on site Flite Fest camping fee. I am coming alone and I'm planning on bringing an 8 man dome tent (willing to share with 1 or 2 others as putting 8 in the tent is too friendly).

I am also willing to help shuttle but not sure when I will be free as I plan on Volunteering at Flite Fest but have not gotten the work schedule (not sure one exists yet).

Hi bitogre

Count me in. Send us a private message with the details. Look forward to meeting you.

Cheers

I am willing to split the cost of a camp site and have already paid the on site Flite Fest camping fee. I am coming alone and I'm planning on bringing an 8 man dome tent (willing to share with 1 or 2 others as putting 8 in the tent is too friendly).

I am also willing to help shuttle but not sure when I will be free as I plan on Volunteering at Flite Fest but have not gotten the work schedule (not sure one exists yet).

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin

Oh, you cut me deeply! ;)

There IS one, not fully completed, and will be rather fluid up to and during the event. I have learned not to get too rigid of a schedule for such things.

If it helps bitogre, I have you working every day, for every shift. Although I did leave you some time for a nap or two. :D

bitogre

Oh, you cut me deeply! ;)

:black_eyed: To be fair, it appears you only got the job this last weekend and have only just started to collect the needed information to come up with a schedule.

There IS one, ...

Impressive :applause:

... not fully completed, and will be rather fluid up to and during the event. I have learned not to get too rigid of a schedule for such things.

I kind of expected that. :) No problem.

If it helps bitogre, I have you working every day, for every shift. Although I did leave you some time for a nap or two. :D

Are you telling me I should leave my planes at home? ;) That is fine. :rolleyes: Just be aware that you will have to deal with my wife if I am too tired to drive home safely. :p

Hi Gang

Arrived in Canton. Staying at the Comfort Inn tonight then shifting to Ramada. Let us know if you need any help with Flite Fest or simply want to catch up.

Cheers

Hi Guys

I'm still trying to organize a lift out to this event. Anyone heading out from Canton Thursday afternoon for the volunteers meeting? If so, just let me know the time and place you need me to be.

Cheers

bobabuy1956

Saturday from Columbus

I'm driving in from columbus and looking to have some one ride with me just to keep me awake looking to drive up saturday morning and try to get back to cbus around 7-8

Anyone need a ride?