Flite Fest 2021Official Volunteer thread

Fasted2629

Happy Thursday,

My name is Eddie Black
123465861_10164515683580416_6975329238848712700_n.jpg
For those who did not know I'm the 2021 Flite Fest, Volunteer Coordinator.

Andre is not able to attend this year (boo). I am going to do my best to keep things running smoothly. Anyone who has volunteered before knows that I have been there with Andre in the thick of it and I know what an amazing group of people the volunteers are and what we will need to continue to ensure a successful event.

Here is where we stand and how things are going

If you are interested in being part of this amazing team please sign up here.

https://www.flitefest.com/volunteers

My goal is simple. I would like to only have two shifts per volunteer all weekend long. And no back-to-back days.

(Thursday/Saturday, Friday/Sunday)

Currently, we need more volunteers.

I want to do my best to keep my goals and I will need more people so we can all give to the event and have plenty of time to enjoy it.

I'm also hoping there will be extra recruitment during the event as well. Until then I encourage you to tap your flying buddies on their digital shoulder. hint hint hint -->and encourage them to become part of the team.

I hope to be sending out some more details and information very soon.

In the meantime, if you have questions please email me volunteercoordinator@flitetest.com

Eddie Black volunteercoordinator@flitetest.com

Flite Fest 2021 Volunteer Coordinator

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
Is there a flite test south? Or is that ended, I can’t seem to find anything more recent than 2017 on it or was it a one time thing…

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Is there a flite test south? Or is that ended, I can’t seem to find anything more recent than 2017 on it or was it a one time thing…
They did Flitefest west and south one year, and I believe they want to do it again but they’ve been keeping busy with the many big changes that have been taking place over the last several years.

I am in SC, near Columbia, but I am planning to go. Already have my ticket, and camping reservation. I am planning to arrive in Malvern, about noon on Tuesday, and leave Sunday evening, after clean-up. I am looking forward to being there! I did not buy a pilots pass, and probably won't even bring any planes. I am going just to help, meet people, have fun, and learn as much as my ossified brain can soak up!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I am in SC, near Columbia, but I am planning to go. Already have my ticket, and camping reservation. I am planning to arrive in Malvern, about noon on Tuesday, and leave Sunday evening, after clean-up. I am looking forward to being there! I did not buy a pilots pass, and probably won't even bring any planes. I am going just to help, meet people, have fun, and learn as much as my ossified brain can soak up!
at least take with a mini..............

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
They did Flitefest west and south one year, and I believe they want to do it again but they’ve been keeping busy with the many big changes that have been taking place over the last several years.

We ever get a Flite Fest West again, I’ll volunteer for that. I’ve gotten quite skilled with a glue gun and the Chuck gliders - made over 300 of them for Maker Faires, and they were perhaps the best “advertising” for the various clubs, FliteTest, and RC flying in general. 😁👍

I’d probably live in the STEM/build tents, if only because I would be nervous about flying with so many people, trying to avoid an inevitable midair that might cost me my electronics…

But I’m not gonna make it to Ohio anytime soon…