Flite Test Forum Build-Off: 2015-2016 edition

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
IMHO the scores also reflect that just because you create something impressively big, finishing the project with scale details really does pay off. Many congrats to Hilldaflyer and rockboy for their bragging rights.

Thank you for organizing this contest and providing that extra motivation to share the fun of building with the community!

I'm already looking forward to the next building contest! When are we starting? :)

HilldaFlyer

Thanks

Many thanks to you Willsonman - for organizing and promoting this. I'm looking forward to doing it again.

This friendly competition pushed me to learn and apply new techniques in order to make an aircraft that was more true to scale. And I have to say, it looks cool and I'm happy with the outcome. I sure learned a lot of building techniques by watching all participants - a very worthwhile supportive community. I hope more participants can complete projects for next year.

I'll be bring the RQ-7 Shadow to FliteFest 2016. See you there.

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
The scores are in and POSTED.

I want to say that overall the scores for flight were impressively high all around with all entrants scoring high. I attribute this to the resourceful community we have here in making great aircraft. IMHO the scores also reflect that just because you create something impressively big, finishing the project with scale details really does pay off. Many congrats to Hilldaflyer and rockboy for their bragging rights.

I also want to thank all of the participants (builders and commentators) for their participation! Flying season is in full-swing now and I hope these flying works of art are being fully utilized in their fullest capacity.

I hope to see many, if not all, of you at FTFF 2016 so we can bench-build and talk about these wonderful projects.

Willsonman (Joshua D. Orchard)

Congrats all! I've enjoyed watching all the builds come together and will enjoy seeing the rest of them wrap up in the coming weeks/months.