Flite Test planes Flight time

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
fight time is dependent on a mixture of things, batteries, air drag, motor efficiency, flight choices, ability to catch thermals, etc.

If I was to make an educated guess which airframe has the best chance of a high flight time, it would be one of the wings (aka the Kraken) or the Simple Soarer.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I can’t say for sure which FT plane has the longest flight time.
I agree with @JasonK, there are many factors other the design of the plane that affect flight time. I can fly my Versa for 6 minutes, throttle wide open. It will fly for 15 minutes using throttle management. With thermals, I’ve flown for 30 minutes. All with the same plane, motor, prop & battery. My current setup is for speed, I’m sure I could get longer flight time with a different prop & motor.

shahmir

fight time is dependent on a mixture of things, batteries, air drag, motor efficiency, flight choices, ability to catch thermals, etc.

If I was to make an educated guess which airframe has the best chance of a high flight time, it would be one of the wings (aka the Kraken) or the Simple Soarer.
thanks, i think Simple soarer is good choice

shahmir

I can’t say for sure which FT plane has the longest flight time.
I agree with @JasonK, there are many factors other the design of the plane that affect flight time. I can fly my Versa for 6 minutes, throttle wide open. It will fly for 15 minutes using throttle management. With thermals, I’ve flown for 30 minutes. All with the same plane, motor, prop & battery. My current setup is for speed, I’m sure I could get longer flight time with a different prop & motor.
I agree with you
But
I'm looking for an aircraft designed for this purpose, like gliders