Flitefest 2024 Camping

Quick question,
Last time I attended flitefest you were allowed to show up early evening the day prior to start to set up camp. Is this still allowed?
Thanks!!!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Yeah, I got in the night before last year. Can't remember the exact cutoff time, but I think it was 8PM last year. I'm sure as we get closer to the event, more information will be available. With all camping being pre-assigned this year, it should be pretty easy to get to where you need to be.

Waiting to see what my work schedule is this year the day before. Hope to get up there early and leave late like I have in the past to help set up and tear down. I live about 2 hours away in Columbus, OH.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
... show up early evening the day prior to start to set up camp. Is this still allowed?...
Yes, arriving in the mid PM the day before FT is allowed. Last year I arrived around 5 pm, there were very many who had arrived earlier. LB is correct, they will close the registration tent around 8 pm. They will reopen registration around 8 am the next day.

If you have reserved a camping spot, you will be OK, even if you arrive after the close of registration.
I would not expect to have a camping spot if you have not made a reservation.

Captain Video

For many people is Juneteenth (a holiday) and off work, Like me. I plan to be ther by mid afternoon Wednesday (Juneteenth) and get my campsite set up and do some flying. The weather looks good for the duration of the event not stupid hot or stupid wet.

For many people is Juneteenth (a holiday) and off work, Like me. I plan to be ther by mid afternoon Wednesday (Juneteenth) and get my campsite set up and do some flying. The weather looks good for the duration of the event not stupid hot or stupid wet.
“Not stupid hot” oh buddy. Are you in for a treat when you view the weather.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
IMG_20240618_202633515_HDR.jpg

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Appears the word didn't get out that there was not supposed to be Flite Fest Eve camping. Merv and I will be volunteering and helping set everything up.

Appears in years past, people were showing up DAYS in advance, blocking things up, and making it difficult for FT and vendors to set up.

Last edited: