Flitetest TEXAS

donalson

is there food at these events? or is it a bring what you eat type thing... the town is only about 15 min away so no biggie but just wondering :)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Pretty much. Dunno who Austin has been able to wrangle up for FFTX.

They tend more toward the Carny/food truck vendors (that's the nature of the beast) but I've eaten well at all of the FF so far.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
I redeemed my founder's voucher. I am going!

I'm going to try to upgrade my travel game a little bit. I should be able to pre-fab any two (2) of the following: Mini Mustang, Mini Arrow, Goblin or Alpha. I'll have all day that Wednesday to finish them up and build a Kraken :cool:

HilldaFlyer

I'll be going... first time FF away from OH. I'm flying down... so probably not bringing any planes unless something wild happens between now and then and I get a wild idea of building a TSA-proof case that will fit my planes. I plan on having a good time watching and talking.

donalson

ordered our tickets and camp pass earlier today... has anyone seen word on how early we can get there and check in?... i'm down to help setup and such and can volun-told my son :)

stsguy5

Thank you for your reply. Austin finally able to get back to me. He explained how work and travel load I feel for him. Good news gas and nitro will be allowed per him since it's the 1st show. We be more for exibition mostly. Hope to see ya there we are bring a whole flock of friends

A_Bird

I was just at the Apache Pass Ice House Fly-In, which is held at the same location. (Kudos to Flite Test for sponsoring some raffle prizes!) It's a great place for an RC event! Here's a preview of the site:

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Tick tick tick...

Who is excited about our first Flite Fest in Texas?

Details are coming together, the Flite Crew line up is being setup but if you're still interested in being part of the "Red Shirts" apply here https://goo.gl/wcvgDJ

- I could use someone in FPV and Flite Line to work with Joshua Orchard.

In the coming days I will start building the position list and schedule for the normal volunteer positions. Tag your buddies and see if any of them are infested in helping out as a volunteer. https://goo.gl/E1KmMe

Thank you and as always if have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Andre.

Andre Rousseau - andre@flitetest.com
Flite Fest 2018 Volunteer Coordinator
http://flitefest.com/

KennethMercer

I really want to make this Flite test Texas event. I’ve never been and come on, it’s in my back yard this time

Attachments

• E47A29B7-22D7-4D09-9180-F5B4EDB4AA5A.jpeg
    E47A29B7-22D7-4D09-9180-F5B4EDB4AA5A.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0

ta33ers

I am planning on going to Flite Fest Texas, but I have a question before I order tickets, do I need an AMA membership to fly?

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Really wish I could make it to this one (especially since I've already had snow this month with more on the way) but since the university is not going to fund a UND RC/UAS club trip I'm going to have to sit this one out. Fortunately almost the entire board will be coming to FFOH next year, so there is the possibility of bringing a booth to advertise the university. I hope everyone that's going has a blast, I'll surely be with you in spirit. Take lots of good video and remind me that summer exists!

donalson

Yes, AMA membership is required.

also note you can get a 90 day membership for $20 or so...

I was thinking the other day how nice it would be if the AMA had one day or even a week long type membership that they could do at events like the SCCA and NASA does at race events