Flitetest UK? Is that ok?

highflying

I have watched the Flitetest show for a long time, I watched the first episode only a month after it was released. I loved it. I wanted to do my own, and make my channel another way for more people to enjoy Flitetest, and find the channel. I have heard about the tricky birth of Flitetest Argentina (which one of my friends loves, his Spanish is better than his English) so I wanted to make sure I wasn't breaking laws by doing this. I also wanted to know if I had to do anything to assist my way of helping Flitetest in this way. I wanted to try and introduce people in the UK to this great hobby, because I have spoken to a few people who watch it here, and find it difficult to relate, and maybe even get put-off. I was hoping to fill that gap with a group of my friends. I always wanted to do this, but I wasn't sure due to my friends not really interested, but they all seem to want to help, so that's why I'm asking now. If this is a ridiculous idea, then I accept it, but I want to try.
Many thanks, Andrew.

adamd

skunkworx hobbies
after seeing such a positive response from FTA I think its a good idea. it also helps people in local situations which might not be equal to the states, such as the legality of certain frequency ranges or acquiring alternate building materials.

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
There is no way I can speak for Flight Test but personally I think If you can help out others in the UK and across the channel with different building materials and builds using them I think it would be a good idea.

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
I know FT Argentina had to sort out some issues before they could do it under the FT name and logo, I think the best thing would be to talk to Chad about the idea. Maybe even extending it to Flitetest Europe rather than UK you can not only get coverage from a lot more countries, but might even be able to get David onboard somehow with certain events and such all over Europe.

This is like CSI and NCIS... start off with FT, then into the franchise comes FT:A, now maybe a FT:UK (or FT:EU):D:eek:

Dumpster Jedi

The One Who Speaks
I'd direct that question to Josh. I'm not at liberty to say why here, but I'm sure he'd fill you in if you approached him about it.

nistrum

man the idea had crossed my mind, and id love to help you, but london is a long way from manchester lol

highflying

Tele/Video-Chat possibly? Also, Chad hasn't got back to me on the idea, and so I think he doesn't want to deal with me. Also, I'm the same age as Matteo from FTA was when he started, so I don't think it's age. I have presented the pros and cons of there being a UK version, but I don't think Chad has either noticed, and if he has, he's too good to be cruel to a 13 year old with what is a good idea. We could talk further about possibilities and maybe put together an episode for trials. I have at least one person who is happy to help, and you may have friends to help too.
*Edit*
I also may have access to a laser cutter, so I might be able to do swappable kits in the UK, save on shipping.

Last edited:

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
Why does it have to be called Flite Test? Couldn't you make your own original channel?

The reason I ask is if I were the person behind a successful product and put years of my life, much of my time and lots of personal capital into building the brand, I wouldn't want someone coming in behind me usng my brand and logo to gain instant attention/following/money/etc. I also wouldn't want someone I don't know and haven't worked with being the mouthpiece for my brand.

I'm not trying to be rude here, and I'm not trying to speak for anyone but myself, but I'm absolutely certain I'm not the only person out there with this opinion. You are doing the right thing by looking for permission first but don't be surprised, upset or insulted if you don't get it. Also don't be surprised if the FliteTest crew doesn't engage in public conversation about it.

Again, not speaking for anyone else, but I know how I would handle it if it were my brand in question.

nistrum

thats basicallly what i was saying, but worded much better.

The truth is, if you can produce something that you think will improve the hobby, create it. the name flite test has nothing to do with what comes after. just have faith in yourself and if you need any help im sure anyone here will still offer it up freely :)