Flysky FS i6s Reciever not responding in Cleanflight

BlkSkyQuads

Ok so I finally got my first build up and running. I just cant get the reciever to show in cleanflight. I have tried arming all motors and calibrating all esc's with one shot..... the motors all spin. so that eliminates that. I am using a flysky fs i6s with the fs ia6b and its not responding in clean flight to the naze 32. the LED light is red and solid on the RX and It shows That I have signal on the TX more then half way. But Its not showing in clean flight. what am I doing wrong? 6 Please help

Using Naze 32 rev6 10dof
with neo6 gps
30amp esc all have 5v bec but I only have 5v on one wire/(motor to FC)
2204 2300kv king kong motors
3s 2200mah lipo battery
with Flysky fs i6s transmitter
and fs ia6b receiver.

What Am I Doing Wrong Should I add the 5v to one of the other motor/esc into the FC? PLEASE HELP

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
Ok so I finally got my first build up and running. I just cant get the reciever to show in cleanflight. I have tried arming all motors and calibrating all esc's with one shot..... the motors all spin. so that eliminates that. I am using a flysky fs i6s with the fs ia6b and its not responding in clean flight to the naze 32. the LED light is red and solid on the RX and It shows That I have signal on the TX more then half way. But Its not showing in clean flight. what am I doing wrong? 6 Please help

Using Naze 32 rev6 10dof
with neo6 gps
30amp esc all have 5v bec but I only have 5v on one wire/(motor to FC)
2204 2300kv king kong motors
3s 2200mah lipo battery
with Flysky fs i6s transmitter
and fs ia6b receiver.

What Am I Doing Wrong Should I add the 5v to one of the other motor/esc into the FC? PLEASE HELP

I'm going to assume the RX is bound to the TX from what you say. One way to test that connection is to plug an ESC into the RX Throttle channel and see if you can control the motor (props off!)

How are you powering the fs ia6b RX?

Are you using PWM, PPM or iBus to connect the the fs ia6b RX to the FC? They are wired differently. Not sure if CleanFlight supports iBus yet.

What Cleanflight RX settings are you using?

jipp

yeah double check the PWM, PPM etc. i spent a whole night trying to figure out why i could bind my RX but the software could not see my TX
after ripping a RX out of a known working quad. I still was having the same problem. right before i was gonna throw the thing out the window, i took a break. came back and as soon as i saw PWM i was like duh im not using 1 wire to the RX ( iv not learn how to that yet )
anyhow, could be as simple as that. good luck on your build. be sure to step away if you get to frustrated from time to time.
chris,

BlkSkyQuads

I am using PPM I only have one 3 head cord and I am powering the RX from the FC which is Gettin Power From 5vBEC ESC... My settings in clean flight RX

AETR1234
RSSI CHANNEL DISABLED

BlkSkyQuads

JUST PLUGGED THE ESC AND MOTOR INTO THE CHANNEL... pwm mode works after pluggin in the motor and switching my transmitter now how do I get it work in PPM mode through the Naze 32 rev6 full flight controller

pressalltheknobs

Sounds right...

and in Configuration you have RX_PPM selected?

and you saved a rebooted after setting it?

And you RX is in PPM mode? I forget if there is a jumper or it's just a output. I think you have to select it in the RX setting in the i6 SETUP menu to get it to work. Those setting apply to the current model. Long Cancel to save etc.

Also if you i6 TX has the original firmware, the PPM setting was missing and you will need to reflash your TX with the latest. Hopefully not.

pressalltheknobs

Our post crossed...

So get the RX back in PPM mode in the TX SETUP menu, wire it up correctly to the NAZE32 for PPM. Make sure the ESC is powering the NAZE and the RX. I assume you have REV6 B with the diode so you can power the RX from the ESC and plug the NAZE into USB.

Start Cleanflight and make sure you have RX_PPM selected. Save an Reboot and it should work. If it doesn't check you wiring, voltages and recheck you did put the i6 TX in PPM mode. The navigation buttons are horrible and its easy to think you saved the setting when you didn't.

All I have...

cedershack

Fix

What was the fix? I am having similar issues not getting cleanflight to recognize TX inputs. I swear I have followed every tutorial on YouTube!