Foam Board Ford Tri Motor

Kheatherly13

Would love to see any and all Comments about a possible Ford Tri-Motor Build. I am currently trying to put the plans down on paper.

saiga556

Full of...
I would personally forego the powerpods all together whithc will aid in accomplishing the scale look I would think.

That being said however you do it I love the idea of a trimotor. Go for it.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
One of my all time favorite planes. It was always a special occasion to see it fly by.

Here is the best three view I was able to find. Hope this helps. I would love to see someone build it. I don't build or fly anything close to scale, so I will have to resign to admiring someone else's build.

fordtri_3v.jpg

good luck.

jamboree1

One of my favorite planes, but i would stick to same size motors for all 3 and do like above mentioned skipping the power pods. To a lot of us that read this section I doubt many would care if this plane was swappable or not, heck i have half a dozen swappables and none of them get swapped power pods, i just keep buying seperate electronics. I know, it's not very economical.

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
Love the tri motor. A guy at our club has a small one that just has one main motor and 2 dummies that just spin with the wind. It does slow it down and waste power, but for him the weight savings and simplicity made it worth the lost watts.

WhatWouldJudasDo

I know this tread is a few months old but any new info? Anyone done it yet? I had a mini quad Motor go bad. So now I have 3 motors and I want to build that.