Foamboard Kadet build thread.

JustPlaneChris

At Dollar Tree the black DTFB I got was black core...
Interesting. The stuff I've bought is definitely just black paper on white foam.

Attachments

• dtfbblack.jpg
    dtfbblack.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

SSgt Duramax

when the plans come out do you think it would fly with a 2212 1000kv motor? i feel like it would be a little underpowered.
To reexamine your question... I really think the answer would be yes. With a D3530 mine balances nose heavy with a 1000 MAH battery and I don't even have all of the canopy stuff or the landing gear on yet. Mine should fly straight up with this set up. It is lighter than my P40 and that plane will fly vertical with this engine. With some flaps it would be too easy.

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
To reexamine your question... I really think the answer would be yes. With a D3530 mine balances nose heavy with a 1000 MAH battery and I don't even have all of the canopy stuff or the landing gear on yet. Mine should fly straight up with this set up. It is lighter than my P40 and that plane will fly vertical with this engine. With some flaps it would be too easy.
No it would work for sure

SSgt Duramax

I have a 2600 3s lipo in it, running a 2216 1300kv on 30% throttle
In hindsight, I should have put my servos further back like yours, mine are right under the main wing. Although it will be super lightweight if I want to fly it with the 1000. All I have are 1000s and 2200s, so my plane either gets a brick or it gets a 1000 lol. Actually, I bet I can carve out some room if I really wanted to and push a 4500 back in there, but I would end up getting bored before it was time to land.

Actually, after this one, I am going on a build hiatus for a while, going to try and draw up plans for my UAV thingy I am making, and go from there. Then I think I'll rebuild the FT P40 in a STOL configuration with either split flaps or fowler flaps and some bush wheels (who says high wing planes get to have all the fun) and a removable hatch.

I might design a bomb drop for this plane, it has plenty of room for a bomb bay right below the CG.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Well this inspired me to keep searching for black foam board here in the US. Not only did I find something that looks promising, but it's shipping from Uline's warehouse only about 3 hours from my house!
https://www.uline.com/Product/Detai...ards/Foam-Core-Board-20-x-30-Black-3-16-thick
By the time I paid shipping and tax, it worked out to a little over $4 a sheet. Not as cheap as DTFB, but if it's good stuff it'll be worth it.
Awesome, hope that stuff works out(y)

SSgt Duramax

And we don't state the sheet size on the label because 'Murica. Or because we're ashamed of our units?
It is because it varies by about an inch a sheet (or 25.4mm). I've had some under 30", and some over. They sure as heck won't write thickness, that is everywhere.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Here are the plans my friends , I still have to add the front landing gear pattern and the C fold patterns for the landing gear but other than that I think that is everything. There are a couple parts that you will have to cut for yourself such as landing gear braces and skewer braces , those pieces should be illustrated somewhere in the pics I have posted in this thread. If any questions don't hesitate to reach out. This can be made as a 3 or 4 channel, with flaperons, I basically have provided a blueprint for you to modify as you wish, make it your own(y)(y)

Attachments

• fOAMBOARD KADET- V1.1.pdf
    121.6 KB · Views: 0

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Hmmmm... That looks identical to what I got just my foam was black not white.... have you looked more recently?
It probably isn't Adam's Readi-Board if it's black foam. Their black fb has white foam. The weight may be different than Adam's fb, too.
EDIT: I stand corrected! It is blk/blk Adams!

Last edited: