FoamyDM's Bel Geddes - Airliner No 4

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
AirlinerNo.4_NormanBelGeddesc.1930-MegaAirTransportConcept.jpg BelGeddes4-HighRearAngle-FP.jpg AirlinerNo.4_NormanBelGeddesc.1930-MegaAirTransportConcept3.jpg AirlinerNo.4_NormanBelGeddesc.1930-MegaAirTransportConcept2.jpg belgeddes2d.jpg
BelGeddes_AirlinerPlan2.jpg BGDECK9ENGINESa.gif BelGeddes_AirlinerSection.jpg

More to come

FoamyDM

I think I'm going to play with paperless construction I think...
When I scale this down, so the props are 1.25" the wingspan is around 46" - That's a Blunt nose Versa wing. (which it kinda is.) just way more drag area.

FoamyDM

I might have to buck up and go with 0820s or1020s. with a 2.5" props...
This was originally gonna be a paper plate model, about 1.5mm foam, but I'm not sure what's the best approach with such a wide wingspan with such little thrust...
I'll likely play with it some tonight. maybe get the upper Motor Wing built. and test thrust.

FoamyDM

If you have 20 micro motors and you know it clap your hands!
below are the specs on this type of motor:
http://www.us.diigiit.com/chaoli-cl-0408-coreless-motor-4mmx8mm
This motor is one of the smallest we carry and can be used for really small robotic applications like a small UAV. Despite its small size, this coreless motor is very powerful and can easily be used with a small tail propeller like the one we sell. This motor is rated for 2.6 V. By connecting the red wire on + pole and blue wire on - pole, the motor will turn clockwise.

Features
  • model: CL-0408
  • shaft diameter: 0.6 mm
  • body diameter: 4 mm
  • body length: 8 mm
  • voltage: 3 V to 5V
  • nominal voltage: 2.6 V
  • cable length: 30 mm
  • weight: 0.5 g
  • torque: 0.08 g.cm
  • no load speed: 42000 RPM
  • no load current: 35 mA
What this means:
so all 20 motors are 10g weight. and pull 850mA for 10

So I might get 25-30 with a 450mAh Battery? This will have 2 servos for control surfaces. which draw 100-150mAh average... so 1.1Ah
If I have to, I can always use 0820s with whoop props... size goes to a 60-70" wing. si 6-8 mins with a 150mah... something seems off...
There is no data on Amperage if it has a prop though. :confused:

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
http://www.us.diigiit.com/chaoli-cl-0408-coreless-motor-4mmx8mm
This motor is one of the smallest we carry and can be used for really small robotic applications like a small UAV. Despite its small size, this coreless motor is very powerful and can easily be used with a small tail propeller like the one we sell. This motor is rated for 2.6 V. By connecting the red wire on + pole and blue wire on - pole, the motor will turn clockwise.

Features
  • model: CL-0408
  • shaft diameter: 0.6 mm
  • body diameter: 4 mm
  • body length: 8 mm
  • voltage: 3 V to 5V
  • nominal voltage: 2.6 V
  • cable length: 30 mm
  • weight: 0.5 g
  • torque: 0.08 g.cm
  • no load speed: 42000 RPM
  • no load current: 35 mA
Seemed like something to report as spam until I realized it was you... :LOL::ROFLMAO: