Follow up To Mid7night's F-4 Phantom - Twin 70mm EDF Monster!!

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
My first attempt went very wrong. Even though it was slightly nose heavy, the flying stab was off in the up direction way too much and when it broke ground it went straight up! Tried very hard to get it under control but after about six porpoises I cut power and it nosed in. Wing survived but I am rebuilding the fuse right now. Going to put a wing incidence meter on both the wing and stab first this time with both at 0 degrees.

Oh NO! So sorry to hear your first flight went poorly. Don't feel bad, you're in good company...remember MY first landing? XD

It is hard to judge the incidence of the H-stab due to its inverted-V installation. You SHOULD be able to use the TIP edge as a true reference for measuring relative to the wing. Hit me up if you have any questions.

Sotm

Oh NO! So sorry to hear your first flight went poorly. Don't feel bad, you're in good company...remember MY first landing? XD

It is hard to judge the incidence of the H-stab due to its inverted-V installation. You SHOULD be able to use the TIP edge as a true reference for measuring relative to the wing. Hit me up if you have any questions.

Not the first bad maiden nor the first crash. The good thing in this case is that Dollar Tree foam board is cheap! Actually I used Ross foamboard from Walmart and it is only 88 cents per sheet! Fuselage rebuild is almost complete. Moved the EDFs back again so they are about 4.5 inches back of your original location. Makes the thrust tubes shorter too! I think battery location won't be an issue this time. I think I can get the Robart Meter on the H-stab right at the root, we'll see after I get the wing re-mounted. Weather is starting to get better up here in Washington state finally.