FPV for ride-alongs in a scale cockpit

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Not new to the hobby but very much new to FPV in general. I'm currently working on a Top Flite 60 size Corsair with all the fixings. I plan on making a detailed cockpit with functional controls (stick, pedals, throttle lever) and thought it would be very fun to put a camera in the cockpit for ride-alongs and get some in-air footage to share. I thought this would be a fantastic place to start getting some help as I've never really gotten into FPV.

I do have some basic FPV Tx Rx electronics. Basic 2.4 antennas and a fairly bulky camera that will not be a good fit for the cockpit. I'll have to dig it all out of the box its in to get exact models but I'm curious what camera would be the best for this kind of situation and some others have suggested a run cam split. I do not have any sort of DVR yet but I do have a screen that I can use at my field.

The idea is to take the Corsair to events and tell others what settings to put into their equipment to view while I fly LOS. I will likely never fly it FPV as it is not really my thing but I wanted to interact with those that do enjoy this aspect of the hobby. Any help with this, advice or equipment, will be very much appreciated.

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
There are some all in one solutions that are very small and work pretty good. I have one on my TT that works really good and it will probably fit in a large cockpit with some ingenuity. It only costs $20!

IMG_2634.JPG

IMG_2632.JPG

Wolfwhoop WT03 Micro FPV AIO 600TVL Camera 5.8G 40CH 25mW/50mW/200mW adjustable Transmitter with Cloverleaf Antenna for Mini Aircraft

HexFPV

Professional Dilettante
IF you want to not lose range, I'd go for a Runcam Eagle or Split or something like that and if you also have space on the plane, go for TBS Triumphs on both ends for antennae. If not, get a TBS crossfire RCHP RX antenna and something like a VAS airscrew or Airblade RCHP tx antenna.