FPV Multicopter Comparison: Best High Speed/High Maneuverability Platform

abaron13

I'm new to the hobby, but I'm very interested in flying, especially multicopters. FPV really intrigues me because it could give me the chance to combine my first love, which is motorsport racing (specifically drifting), with my new found love of flying. My suggestion would be to create an episode comparing the various platforms in relation to what they do best. That way viewers can pick and choose which components would work best for them. In my case I need something fast enough to keep up with the cars at my local track if need be (entry speeds reach 60MPH), while also having the ability to pan very quickly to follow the cars through tight turns (the track is a small oval perhaps a bit bigger than your dirt track). My goal is to create a platform to film AND fly fpv with a go pro with smooth clear picture, while also having the power and maneuverability to get the shots I want. I also want to be able to build this with all parts included (including transmitter, receiver, servos, etc) for between $200-$300 when it's rtf (not including go pro of course). But most importantly I want to be able to have a lot of fun and get more people interested and involved in the hobby just like Flite Test got me interested.

Thank you for everything you do and keep up the great work!
-Alex Baron
Cleveland, OH