FPVevent App

Landin

So. Me and a friend are developing an app.
This app will first of all be developed for FPV flyers but after we get everything to work maby there will be even a LOS function in it.
This app is designed for people who want to get closer to each other within the FPV society.
The app uses your location and uses it when it searches for pilots who are out and fly around you.
In your settings you can choose how far out you want the app to search for other pilots. You can set and save your settings so they will be easier to choose the next flight. You can in the setup choose the channel that your FPV gear is on, so that others in the nearby area becomes aware that there are other flying on the same channel.

when a pilot is within your preset area and activates an event, such as a daily flight, a notification is sent to you if you so wish.

In the app, you can also create event out of daily flights, as races and other fun events for the FPV.

The location of the events will show up on a map and you can get directions in it.

What do you want more in the app?
There will be a calender connected to facebook, so if you logon to it from facebook, all events created will show up and you can attend to them from the app.

Say if you want to go out flying tomorrow, you create a new event and set date and time, people around you get a pushnotification to their phone if they have set it to the area you created the event in and they can attend to it so you can see how many buddies will show up.

If you take your plane, copter, boat or whatever and go out, you can sign in on a place for a daily flight an people in your area will get a notification that you are there, what you are flying/driving.
We are going to fix, that if you walk out of a 2km range from where you created the daily flight, it will be erased from the app, so that people dont shows up and you are gone.

Login with facebook, or just sign up basic information so that you can store your presets in the database, like name, channels on fpv etc.

Feedback please, what kind of stuff do you want to see in the worldwide app?

Landin

So, the base is soon done. We have already start to put in some features. But we need more. Do you have some ideas to share? What features do you want to see in the app?

BankNYank!

Mentor
I think this is an awesome idea. I especially like the notifications if someone is flying in your area and the option to add the channel your flying fpv on!

The only thing I would add/ask is that you add the option for LOS pilots. There are a great many more pilots out there that don't fly fpv. Oh and maybe a chat function so you can chat with other pilots running the app. This would be especially helpful if there is someone flying in your area and your trying to locate them. Takes out the creepiness of walking up to a total stranger and going "hey are you so and so?"

Great idea and I can't wait to see this app up and running!!!

Last edited:

bitogre

So, the base is soon done. We have already start to put in some features. But we need more. Do you have some ideas to share? What features do you want to see in the app?

What platforms does your app support? If Android, I would like to help (I can code and run on my own phone).

Landin

What platforms does your app support? If Android, I would like to help (I can code and run on my own phone).

Thanx for your offer, but we will program it ourselfes =)
It will support both android and Ios, and also be compatible with web.