Fr Sky Taranis Chat. Questions/Answers/Share

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
I ordered a D4R II for my mini quad earlier today from Skyward Hobbies. I paid at 2:06 pm, and got an email notice at 3:21 pm that it had been shipped. On a Sunday. Obviously it's just gotten a priority mail sticker printed out and deposited, but dang, that's pretty nice. I order also order from Aloft and have had wonderful service there, as well. Skyward is nice because they aren't as well known so you can find things in stock, whereas Wayne's goes super quick. They are usually a couple bucks more in their costs, however, but it has proven to be well worth it.

+1 Skyward Hobbies

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
Hey guys I have a question. I have a timer set to start after I engage throttle and then it calls out each minute. Can I have it call out my cell voltage each minute from throttle engage also? I have the FLVS set up right now to call out when I use SH and also when a cell drops below 3.4 it will tell me battery critical and then every 3 seconds announce my voltage. This works fine but I like the idea of mid flight updates without haven't to flip SH.

Okay, it's too hot to sleep now so, I got a jump on this.

Throttle Switch like this.
LogicTHR.png

This this what you needed. I also added a "Start Logs" since you have the FLVS...
SPfun.png

Now will someone turn off the heater already...

EDIT: forgot timer... Let me know if this works for you. UNTESTED

Attachments

• SPfun.png
    SPfun.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Thanks Kurt, I was able to get the alerts to sync up at the 1 minute mark with these examples.

I have a new question though. I had a FlySky radio previously and now have a few left over rx that I'd like to use. Can someone point me to a module that works with FlySky rx?

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I have a new question though. I had a FlySky radio previously and now have a few left over rx that I'd like to use. Can someone point me to a module that works with FlySky rx?

FS-TM002 is supposed to work with FlySky receivers. But I've just googled that, so I suggest reading more on that :).

RoyBro

Mentor
I picked up a FlySky module on Aliexpress.com. Just search for FlySky module. Make sure it says "upgrade" or "B".

kah00na

I read through many posts about replacing the stock speaker. My upgraded speakers finally arrived and I replace it! So much better!

Last edited:

MT Alex

I read through many posts about replacing the stock speaker. My upgraded speakers finally arrived and I replace it! So much better!

Great work! I've been wanting to do this mod for quite some time, your video offers a lot of confidence.

kah00na

Great work! I've been wanting to do this mod for quite some time, your video offers a lot of confidence.

Thanks! I was a little hesitant at the beginning but when I got it opened and saw the old speaker sitting there all by itself, I realized it wasn't going to be as big of deal as I was guessing.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Isn't that what the "Throttle source" setting in setup is for? Just change that to CH1 and you don't have to fiddle with logical switches?

joshuabardwell

Mentor
Isn't that what the "Throttle source" setting in setup is for? Just change that to CH1 and you don't have to fiddle with logical switches?

Oh, seriously? I didn't know that. That might explain why I never noticed that before, since this is the first model I've had without the throttle on the "standard" channel 3.

joshuabardwell

Mentor
Okay, I see. When "Timer Source" is set to "Thr" (Throttle), the timer counts whenever the throttle stick is not zeroed. When "Timer Source" is set to "ChX", where X is your actual throttle channel, then the timer only counts when the channel is non-zeroed, which is what I wanted. So the timer WAS broken on my other models, but you're right that there is a simpler, built-in way of solving the problem than using Logical Switches.

kah00na

I just installed the Haptic Upgrade module from alofthobbies. It wasn't too bad except for the red wire connecting to the R10 solder point - that was a pain! Here's my review of the overall process - if anyone is interested...

joshuabardwell

Mentor
Carrying a handful of quad, Taranis, batteries... fumbling with keys. Meant to let go of the quad with one hand and hold it with the other, let go of the Taranis instead.

2014-09-13 17.42.33.jpg

Busted the antenna too. Ouch. Good thing spare parts are easy to come by, and I'm not afraid of a soldering iron.

MT Alex

Dang, sorry to hear that. Mine never leaves the neck strap until it's back in the case, for this exact reason.

joshuabardwell

Mentor
Dang, sorry to hear that. Mine never leaves the neck strap until it's back in the case, for this exact reason.

You know, I usually only use the neck strap when flying FPV, because a drop would be so disastrous then, but I'm thinking I'm going to change that.

HawkMan

Have to solder a new antenna on my tarnish as well. Ordered a 5dbi antenna with screw on attachment, and I have an antenna identical to the original I ripped out of my STM transmitter. Not sure winch one I'll use. Depends on when the antenna from Germany arrives guess. Ordered tip cleaners and a flux pen as well some can do it properly, especially since my cheap EP2 soldering station oxidized they tips very fast.

As for how it happened, I put the receiver for my new taranis in the Beaver linked it, then off to the computer spent a copleof hours learning to program it, added messages for flaps position, throttle hold switch with on off messages and warning beeps if the throttle was on with the hold on. Some well done programming I was proud of. Now to where I messed up and broke every rc safety rule.

I had the plane upside down on top of the Taranis case in my cramped work room after putting in the receiver, so I left it there for testing all the channels and stuff. It was also laying nose towards me. Did some test and thought some of the channels if no all where inverted, plane being upside down made it hard to tell. This should have been another warning... next brilliant move, release the throttle hold.... oh yeah... it was definitely inverted. Antenna on the Taranis got kicked off and my thumb got a semi bad cut. But it could have gone much worse...

I doubt I'll forget to always test new radio setups involving big propellers outside while holding down the plane again...