From Florida, to Ohio and Back Again. A Journey to Edgewater.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
So....

I went for a little drive. I left the warm and comfortable state of FL and drove about a thousand miles to a frigid little golf club in Minerva Ohio.

It was a pretty full few days.

I delivered a set of landing gear for the Kitfox Simulator Cockpit. I got to see an episode get filmed. I participated in a live FB video with Josh. I rearranged the planes you often see in the background of episodes. I crashed a podcast. I slept at FTHQ and had the place to myself to build, paint, and create! I got to see behind the scenes parts of Edgewater that don't make it into the episodes. I built an FT plane the day before it was released. I was able to pick my own order from the warehouse and saved on shipping!

Oddly enough, I didn't photograph the people I was excited to see. It was great to meet up with Josh and Stefan, Jen, Mitchell and Noah again. I was able to meet some of the behind the scenes and not so behind the scenes guys such as Lee and David. Wes, Jason, and Diane. And of course I got to meet a couple of the Edgewater Flite Crew guys, Jason and Jeff.

I meandered my way through the mountains on my return trip, and finally got home to a bunch of birds who thought I flew north for the winter. And yeah, my wife wasn't too upset I returned either.

Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome!

All in all it was a great trip.

Attachments

• flerken1.jpeg
    flerken1.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 0
  • stacked.jpeg
    stacked.jpeg
    463.2 KB · Views: 0
  • crashed.jpg
    crashed.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 0
  • flerked.jpg
    flerked.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 0
  • flerk.jpeg
    flerk.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 0
  • store.jpeg
    store.jpeg
    431.7 KB · Views: 0
  • geared up.jpeg
    geared up.jpeg
    405.5 KB · Views: 0
  • pavilion.jpeg
    pavilion.jpeg
    336.5 KB · Views: 0
  • work station.jpeg
    work station.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 0
  • xmased.jpeg
    xmased.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 0
  • pro shop.jpeg
    pro shop.jpeg
    418.8 KB · Views: 0
  • pilot shop.jpeg
    pilot shop.jpeg
    273.5 KB · Views: 0
  • pilot lounge.jpeg
    pilot lounge.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 0
  • pilot lounge1.jpeg
    pilot lounge1.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 0
  • streamed.jpeg
    streamed.jpeg
    627.9 KB · Views: 0
  • f16 film.jpeg
    f16 film.jpeg
    604 KB · Views: 0
  • Edgewater Sunset.jpeg
    Edgewater Sunset.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 0
  • falls.jpeg
    falls.jpeg
    792.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Buck Springs.jpeg
    Buck Springs.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 0
  • stairs.jpeg
    stairs.jpeg
    768.3 KB · Views: 0
  • valley.jpeg
    valley.jpeg
    540.1 KB · Views: 0

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
What clan are you from? Hopefully not that scare hair foot clan.. Sounds like you took a trip to the misty mountains. Do you call the Flerkin "Precious" now? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::devilish: Airplane hobbits essss can be skeery folk

I'm from the Stranger Ranger clan. I did pass through the smokies on the way to and from.

SSgt Duramax

Glad you had a great trip.

This is why we need Flite Test South. Either in S. Florida or here in S. Texas, that way everyone can just migrate here and keep flying all winter. Although we did have a low of 46 yesterday. We enjoy 70 degree winters here... for the most part.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Glad you had a great trip.

This is why we need Flite Test South. Either in S. Florida or here in S. Texas, that way everyone can just migrate here and keep flying all winter. Although we did have a low of 46 yesterday. We enjoy 70 degree winters here... for the most part.

I'd love to have a FT location here in North FL.

Maybe if I win the lottery.

Bricks

Master member
Glad to see you posting some what again. It is nice sometimes to just get away and enjoy yourself with no pressures put upon you. (y)

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I'd love to have a FT location here in North FL...
So what is necessary to develop a FT flying site?
I thought the FTCA was wanting to develop a number of FT flying sites across the land. But I've not heard anything from the FTCA lately, maybe I missed the news. In my area, we have several non AMA flying sites.

Anyone know how to make them FT flying sites?
Anyone heard anything regarding FTCA insurance?