• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FT-22 Raptor - BUILD

Using the plans for the FT-22, I made one out of aluminum to mount on the wall here at NAS Pensacola, the school for Air Force maintenance on the 22/35. It will be flying with a B2 and eventually an F-35 (of my own design) to match the same style as the FT-22. It is almost finished, and will be airbrushed this weekend before we mount it up.

Attachments

WazUppp FT Members

Just purchased the F-22 kit and have gone through the build video several times.
Waiting for the kit to arrive... very excited to build it.
Wondered if anyone is still building it. This is such an old thread.
Any modification that have been made to make it better?
Was going to add a KfM airfoil... anyone experimented with this?
Was going to add bbq skewers to the leading edges of the vertical stabilizers... anyone experimented with this?
What about running skewers front to back for rigidity. Maybe along the bottom to double as skids?

So... just a few questions :)

Thanks,
Spart

A quick question that I may be over-thinking.

This will be my first Elevon build and I'm just making sure that I understand the Tx set-up (OpenTx in case it matters) - the plans say 40 degrees for the elevon throw - is that 40 degrees for the elevator or 40 degrees for the Ailerons or 40 degrees for elevator + ailerons combined?. I realise that I'll need to tune it once it's in the air - I just want a good starting point.

Related to this - what ratio do you have for elevator movement to Aileron movement - are they about the same or does the Aileron (for example) move further than the elevator. I realise that the radio will sort most of this out for me and I will need to tweak it, just looking for a good starting point

Cheers,
Mike

Quinnyperks

A quick question that I may be over-thinking.

This will be my first Elevon build and I'm just making sure that I understand the Tx set-up (OpenTx in case it matters) - the plans say 40 degrees for the elevon throw - is that 40 degrees for the elevator or 40 degrees for the Ailerons or 40 degrees for elevator + ailerons combined?. I realise that I'll need to tune it once it's in the air - I just want a good starting point.

Related to this - what ratio do you have for elevator movement to Aileron movement - are they about the same or does the Aileron (for example) move further than the elevator. I realise that the radio will sort most of this out for me and I will need to tweak it, just looking for a good starting point

Cheers,
Mike
The ratio sorts that out. Just go by the amounts listed in the videos.
Thanks, Quinnyperks