FT-22 Raptor - BUILD

Bolvon72

Mentor
Problem with that is the champ electronics is a brick -- servo and *brushed* speed controller are built in. kristopherkane will need to pick up an RX, servos and speed controller to get it to work.

. . . now a half sized FT22 . . . or would that be an FT11?

I definitely wasn't suggesting using the brick to fly the FT22, I think by his post he isn't thinking in those terms either.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I definitely wasn't suggesting using the brick to fly the FT22, I think by his post he isn't thinking in those terms either.

Sorry, missed that. I agree, I don't think he was either . . . but now I want to gut a champ to try out the FT11 ;)

Zoomrod

bolvon what foam broad do you use the one with the papaer on both sides so you re move papaer on the F22?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Zoomrod,

The foam board used is Adam's ready board, typically found in Dollar tree stores here in the US. If you're outside the US and looking for alternatives, letting us know what part of the world you're in will help us point you to the local substitutes.

As for removing paper, this is one of the few FT models where this is done, but it's only done in specific areas. For most of the model, the paper is left on.

BTW, Welcome to the forum!

volrol

I can't find the wing span anywhere, can anybody help?

Thanx!

Rolf

PS Found it, thank you!

Last edited:

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
We're taking heavy fire!
image.jpg

Repairs in progress.
image.jpg

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
:p I just painted it can and all. I don't think it matters, but who am I to ask!
It looked so sick with that paint job, and then the pilot rolled out into a barbed wire fence.:rolleyes:

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Hmm, I'm thinking about a 150% version with separate ailerons and elevators, as well as a slightly more scale cockpit. Any Ideas before I build the beast? Oh, and maybe some landing gear to.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Hmm, I'm thinking about a 150% version with separate ailerons and elevators, as well as a slightly more scale cockpit. Any Ideas before I build the beast? Oh, and maybe some landing gear to.

Bigger is better. Just be sure to add something to brace any weak points. At least grab the airframe by the nose and shake it to see if there are any weak points before you fly it. lol.

Bolvon72

Mentor
bolvon what foam broad do you use the one with the papaer on both sides so you re move papaer on the F22?

Not ignoring you, just working, like CraftyDan said I use Adams with the paper on except where indicated. I only completely strip it for micro models.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
This thing is HEEUUUGE!
I'm powering it using a rewound CF-28xx motor, and I'm thinking of using an 8x8 prop on three and four cells.
36" span, 50" length.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Flynn

This thing is HEEUUUGE!
I'm powering it using a rewound CF-28xx motor, and I'm thinking of using an 8x8 prop on three and four cells.
36" span, 50" length.
View attachment 17676

That's awesome! You could probably get away with a 1000ish kv motor and a 10x4 prop. If you look in one of the latest FT vids, there's a large F-22 in the background.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Okay. This got big fast. I'm going to try a 250 watt 2812 motor, and if that doesn't work, I can try a DT-750 on 4 cells and an 11x7 prop.

image.jpg

image.jpg