FT-22 Raptor Update!

meydany

Hey guys, remember me? I had that issue where my raptor was too heavy. You guys gave me tons of really useful suggestions and I'm hoping you could help me once more :) I switched the electronics a bit according to your suggestions so here's what I'm running:

- JFX 8x4 Polycomposite prop
- Suppo 2208/14 1450kv Brushless Motor (Park 370 equiv.)
- 25 amp ESC
- Turnigy 1300 mAh 3S 20C Lipo

It flew...but barely. I launched it at about 3/4 throttle and when it started falling I increased it up to full throttle. I could feel that it was really struggling to stay in the air. Any tips? Should I maybe change to a 9x6 prop? I tried it and it basically flew out of my hand at half throttle.

Because for some reason i couldn't attach the video of the flight, here's a link to it. Thank dropbox for ruining the quality...

Last edited:

meydany

I'm a newb...I have no idea how to do that. I have a turnigy 9x if that helps :p

Last edited:

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
To set the throttle range first with the radio on put your throttle all the way up. Then power up the plane. You should hear a couple beeps and then pull the throttle all the way down. You should hear a few more beeps and you have now set the throttle. Second it's a noobie mistake we have all made but is the prop on the right way? The numbers on the prop should be facing the front of the plane for a standard plane. Only time that's different is if you got a prop designed to be a pusher and I've only seen one company that does this but the numbers will face away but the prop is still mounted correctly.

ttprigg

looking good- you are getting close. I am wondering if you have the CG far enough forward. In my experience, setting the FT-22 up to be a little nose heavy works well. Also, when you get the CG set, it should have a very nice glide with only minimal throttle so you can slow it down.
Looking forward to seeing additional videos!!!