FT 3D Suppo Kit

jcfmiguel

Hi, im new to RC, anyway i bought the FT3d and a new transmitter and receiver that is still unbind unfortunately the suppo 30A ESC requires reprogramming to use for Lipo batteries using the tx/rx. Since i have a new TX/RX i cannot reprogram the ESC. Is there a way to power the rx (frsky DR8II-plus) so i can bind it....say an AA Battries?

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Receivers are powered by 5volts. 3 AA batteries = 4.5volts. 4 AA batteries = 6volts. Either should work. But I'm unsure if it's actually necessary to do so.

jcfmiguel

Hi thank you for your reply...correct me if im wrong.... i need to reprogram my suppo 30A ESC because by default it accepts Nimh so if i dont have a working binded t/rx and connect everything the receiver will not accept my command?

This is reason why i need to power my rx indepedently. for 4pcs AA that is 6V will this overcharge my rx thats on 5V?

Thanks

SteevyT

If I'm not mistaken, the only thing changing whether the speed controller is set to LiPo or NiMh is where the low voltage cut off is. You should be able to bind everything up using a LiPo battery, then go change the programming in the ESC to LiPo. Just don't run a motor (you will need one plugged in to hear the beeps, leave the throttle at 0) while it is NiMh and don't leave the battery plugged in unattended. After it's bound up recharge the battery (which shouldn't take more than 5 minutes, just binding the receiver which is very low power draw) and you should be good.

jcfmiguel

If I'm not mistaken, the only thing changing whether the speed controller is set to LiPo or NiMh is where the low voltage cut off is. You should be able to bind everything up using a LiPo battery, then go change the programming in the ESC to LiPo. Just don't run a motor (you will need one plugged in to hear the beeps, leave the throttle at 0) while it is NiMh and don't leave the battery plugged in unattended. After it's bound up recharge the battery (which shouldn't take more than 5 minutes, just binding the receiver which is very low power draw) and you should be good.

Thanks for all your replies!!! i got it working now w/o using 4 AA.

Coleman

I have several of those suppo 30a esc's and I've never had to re-program anything for lipo that I can remember

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
It's only for the LVC...As long as you are flying by time and not relying on the cutoff to tell you when to land, there isn't a difference