• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ft Aura 5 lite on 55 in ws Spitfire

I have a Pheonix Models Spitfire that I built a few months ago. It uses an outrunner and has been flown a few times. I am considering installing an Aura 5 in it. Am I looking for trouble doing this? Is the Ft Aura 5 meant for just foamies and light planes? Would greatly appreciate any help/input.

JasonK

Master member
it should work just fine. As long as you correctly mount it, it shouldn't care about how big your plane is.

The only thing I could see being an issue is that if you have lots of high powered servos, were you wouldn't want to run all that current through the servo headers, but that would be the same issue with basically any receiver and would be solved the same way.

For a bigger plane, the tune might need to be different, so you might need to take some time adjusting the tune to make it work well in a big plane (the response charactistics of different craft means that you need to tune flight stabilizers differently)

Another few questions.
1. I use throttle hold on all my elec planes. So do I just connect the ESC lead to the throttle channel and not to S1 on the Aura?
2. I also have retracts and flaps. Do I connect these to the receiver?
3. The Aura should get power thru the SBUS
Thanks for any input.

dap35

Another few questions.
1. I use throttle hold on all my elec planes. So do I just connect the ESC lead to the throttle channel and not to S1 on the Aura?
2. I also have retracts and flaps. Do I connect these to the receiver?
3. The Aura should get power thru the SBUS
Thanks for any input.
1. If you are using sbus, then you should be able to connect the ESC to either your throttle port on your RX or on the Aura. I have done it both ways with Futaba.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.