FT Bushwacker build! My third FT plane!

Tonero311

3mm steel wire seems to be the norm for landing gear. I use wire coat hangers myself at 2.8mm and they are plenty strong once the landing gear fairing go.on.

Spacefarer

I don't recommend taking out the core of the control horns, they're small as is and the weight you save isn't really worth the loss of strength.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
I am STILL waiting for my hobbyking order. It's taking a REAL long time!

Does anybody else have to wait this long for their order?

Kbat11700

I am STILL waiting for my hobbyking order. It's taking a REAL long time!

Does anybody else have to wait this long for their order?

Depends. What warehouse did you order from and where are you located?

If you ordered from global if will take long time. When i order from their US warehouse I typically get it in 2-3 days.

Did they provide tracking for you?

Hondo76251

Legendary member
The global vs us warehouse has only seems about 80% accurate to me. I've had some things take a long time that were supposed to be US. On the flip side I've had some global stuff that showed up in a few days... I've never had an order get lost or not arrive but I've had a few that took a LONG time...

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Depends. What warehouse did you order from and where are you located?

If you ordered from global if will take long time. When i order from their US warehouse I typically get it in 2-3 days.

Did they provide tracking for you?

I ordered from the Hong Kong warehouse. It was a lot cheaper the the US warehouse(I don't have an endless income, if you know what I mean). I am located in the northeast USA.

It didn't even ship yet.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
The wing on the bushwhacker is removable. Perhaps you can build now and add the lights later?

Or even build a new airframe once the lights arrive? The second plane is often better than the first... At least for me.

That's acutely a really good idea!!

So, would I just take all the electronics out of the old plane and put them in the new one?

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
So, I am still waiting for my hobby king order. It's because the LED lights are still on backorder.

I think I am going to cancel the order and get everything from somewhere else.

Does anyone recommend a good set of nav lights?

Thank you.