FT Bushwacker build! My third FT plane!

Tench745

Master member
Yes, you should be able to assign a switch to that channel between on and off. Might take some experimenting with your transmitter.

Worst case scenario, you buy a switch from RadioShack and solder it in.
Hardest part of that would be finding a RadioShack

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
I have another question.

Is this a good motor to use, or is it to small? Also, what size prop should I use on that motor using a 3s 2200?

bushwacker.jpg

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
I finished cutting out all the pieces yesterday. I'll post pictures later today.

I am going to have to hold off on building it until my hobbyking stuff gets here.

Brett_N

One lesson that I feel gets overlooked...

Hot glue is heavy!

It doesnt take much extra glue in the tail (building, modifications, or repairs) and you'll be flying with a 5000 man battery (or two) just to balance out!

Ask me how I know! :ROFLMAO:

I've said it time and time again.

Skip hot glue, and use Carpenters Glue - TiteBond 2 (regular or quick and thick) and you will shave your "glue weight" by half. It also doesn't burn as much, but you have to have patience, tape, and rubber bands to hold everything togethor.

Only place I use HG anymore is on a really quick prototype, or on servo's, since you can use isopropyl alcohol to get them out.

Kbat11700

Skip hot glue, and use Carpenters Glue - TiteBond 2 (regular or quick and thick) and you will shave your "glue weight" by half. It also doesn't burn as much, but you have to have patience, tape, and rubber bands to hold everything togethor.

Only place I use HG anymore is on a really quick prototype, or on servo's, since you can use isopropyl alcohol to get them out.

The convenience of hot glue is hard to beat though. I really like this though. I'm planning on building the commuter once plans are released so maybe I'll try this method on that one.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I still use a lot of hot glue in builds... Like you said, convenience. There times, however, when I need a little more time to set parts up so I like to use the white guerilla glue then. That's more about ease and accuracy of assembly than weight... Most FT builds are designed with the weight of the glue more or less figured in, I see little point in taking the time to use anything other than HG for them. I don't use hot glue at all in sub micro builds as it seems to cause significant wight issues in models under 70 grams...

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member

That's good idea, but it takes hours for TiteBond 2 to dry. I don't have the patience for that.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
I am still waiting for my hobby king order. I can't start building until I get it.

Also, what wire do you recommend for the landing gear? I heard that the one Flitetest uses is to flimsy. Or, should I 3D print some landing gear?

Thanks.