FT EZ ID?

FishbonesAir

Any news on the FT EZ ID? I saw the announcement but nothing since, and September 16 is fast approaching. Stupid Feds. 😠

CappyAmeric

Elite member
I order and have not received my EZ ID. But I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the STL for it's case?
Nothing on their site or Thingiverse yet. They have a 3D print in their store, but no STL yet.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Might as well turn this in to an info thread on the FT EZ ID :

Instructional videos they posted on FliteTest Tech

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
The FAA declaration of compliance as posted on the product page
1694904204647.png

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Mine too. Will have to maiden it on my FT tiny Trainer for shiggles. Possibly my Traxxas Basher if I jump it off the ramp the kids across the street built for their bikes.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I am confused by the compliance pic on the product page in the store. It is for a company and product other than FT EZ ID with a different set of serial numbers than what the EZ ID presents. I have inquired with the store for clarification.

Last edited:

FishbonesAir

Figure I can wrap the 3d printed case and a 1s battery all in foil, and toss it in the fuselage somewhere. 😁

If I plug it in up on the hill, then go down to my actual flying site, that's an extra 100' right there. 🤣

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I order and have not received my EZ ID. But I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the STL for it's case?
... but no STL yet ...

Looks like they just published the STL for the case

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
IMG_20230922_181151926.jpg

Hit the field tonight with the FT EZ ID in a RMRC Surfer 1500 and a Spektrum 6CH RX connected to the RadioMaster internal AIO module. Used several RID apps on my phone to see what kind of range it would get. I can fly further LOS than my phone was able to pick up and track the RID signal.

LB

LitterBug

Techno Nut
That said, a phone isn't optimized for picking up the signals. The "karenz" won't have the best reception, but much like we hobbiests have optimized gear for long range, there will be equipment out there with tuned antennas that can detect them at longer range.

I spoke with someone who was involved with helping test systems used to identify rouge UAVs. Your TX/RX and/or VTX are more likely to give you up via triangulation than RID.

Last edited:

CappyAmeric

Elite member
That said, a phone isn't optimized for picking up the signals. The "karenz" won't have the best reception, but much like we hobbiests have optimized gear for long range, there will be equipment out there with tuned antennas that can detect them at longer range.

I spoke with someone who was involved with helping test systems used to identify rouge UAS. Your TX/RX and/or VTX are more likely to give you up via triangulation than RID.
There is a "law enforcement" mode that is significantly longer range (not miles though). The "law enforcement" is a setting that some drone RID apps have that you can test.