FT Gremlin Rx issues

Oldrover TJ

Ok so here's the story. I've got a gremlin, the FT video was helpful and all the motors work and the flite controller works. However the way they attached the receiver is different from my stack. I've got an AR 6610t which should be able to run it right? Which pins do I need to soldier the receiver wires to? From what I've seen this should be the correct pin out, however the stack does not seem to respond to the receiver.
20210608_145139.jpg

Oldrover TJ

So there is no way to use that receiver with the gremlin?

Where should the wires be soldier to?

I take this as a good learning opportunity. Normally I just plug and play so I figured this would be a good jump into learning more about receivers, flight computers, and all the electronics. Granted I am in way over my head...

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
So there is no way to use that receiver with the gremlin?
does not appear so

Where should the wires be soldier to?
depends on the reciever, for a spektrum satellite receiver (if it is supported), I would expect 3.3v gnd and DSM (from how that looks labled) - but you should check the documentation to be sure.
I take this as a good learning opportunity. Normally I just plug and play so I figured this would be a good jump into learning more about receivers, flight computers, and all the electronics. Granted I am in way over my head...

Oldrover TJ

OK awesome, thank you for the help.

What would I need to look for to make sure the receiver is supported?

I've got the brown wire soldiered to the +, red is ground, and orange is to SBUS. Looks likes it's only 5v. I don't see any 3v. Does that mean I'll need to use a different brand receiver?

20210608_173656.jpg

JasonK

this is what I read in your silk screen left to right

5v
- (assumed ground)
sBUS
3.3v
dsmx
ppm

you don't have a sBUS receiver (and to my knowledge none of spektrum receivers are), so using the sBUS pad is going to be incorrect.

I suspect (but am not sure) that the dsmx port is for a spektrum satellite receiver (but I don't know for sure).

you would use ground, 5v or 3.3v -depending on your reciever's needs, then one of sBus, dsmx, ppm depending on which your receiver can do.

Oldrover TJ

Is there a specific receiver you would recommend? Will I need to change any of the other wiring on the stack other than the receiver inputs?

I'll resolder the pins to the receiver when I get one. Right now its going to the standard servo style plug but I'll have to change it to whatever the satellite receiver plug is called

You've been a great help and I truly cannot thank you enough!

JasonK

Oldrover TJ

That's definitely one of the issues I ran into. It's been the most confusing flitetest product I've ever bought. The video they made was for a slightly different system. I know I'll get it working eventually.

I've got the micro receiver on the way. I'll update when it gets here and hopefully that will have solved my issues.

Oldrover TJ

Look what finally showed up! USPS and corona virus... my goodness. I'll get it soldiered in and see what happens.

Attachments

• 20210817_094414.jpg
    20210817_094414.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

ShawnEngland

Mind describing your issue? I might be able to help

I have the HGLRC_F428 stack and I'd like to use the Spektrum SRXL2 with it. Currently using BetaFlight 10.4.1, firmware 4.2.11. Receiver set to Serial-based receiver with SPKETRUM2048/SRXL. Not getting anything on the receiver input.